btc OR ptc

Options
Bryony
Bryony Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone...

me again trying to work out what units to do...

I do some bookeeping for a local shop and would liek to attempt to do their tax return this year.

The owner is registered as self- employed. he is not a limited company or anything like that..so just a sole trader I guess.

Which module do you think will be best to help to do his tax return..., PTC or BTC?

I would have thought BTC, but maybe because he is a sole trader i should focus on PTC..

My tutor is not very good at answering my queries and so I am very pleased to have this forum.

Great, thanks in advance
keep warm!

Bryony :-)

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Bryony wrote: »
    Hi everyone...

me again trying to work out what units to do...

I do some bookeeping for a local shop and would liek to attempt to do their tax return this year.

The owner is registered as self- employed. he is not a limited company or anything like that..so just a sole trader I guess.

Which module do you think will be best to help to do his tax return..., PTC or BTC?

I would have thought BTC, but maybe because he is a sole trader i should focus on PTC..

My tutor is not very good at answering my queries and so I am very pleased to have this forum.

Great, thanks in advance
    keep warm!

Bryony :-)

I am not an expert on this as I have just started Technician Level but I would say PTC as he is self-employed (Please dont shout at me if I am wrong) lol
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Bryony,

I would say Personal Tax is more relevant, as Business Tax covers Partnerships and Companies if I remember correctly
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Im in a similar situation to you (working for a sole trader) and I was recommended to do PTC.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    You would probably be better doing both!

Sorry to say this but PTC deals with the income tax part that you need whilst BTC deals with overlap profits and adjustments to trading profits that you will need.
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    What are overlap profits and adjustments to trading profits?
Privacy Policy