Posting Errors

ajmckell
ajmckell Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
I am only recently AAT qualified and am in my first job preparing month end accounts and was just wondering if anyone can confirm that I am doing this correctly?

The postings to my PAYE/NI nominal have been wrong and I am trying to correct them. Deductions have been posted there instead of the relevant account, what I am doing is the following:

1. Money for non-attendance of training classes has been put to the NI/PAYE so I am debiting this code and crediting to the training code on the P/L account to show the true reflection of how much training courses cost us, the company, in the year. The money is deducted straight from employees pay and we then pay ourselves. I am right to be putting it to this nominal or should it be going to the bank account?

I think i'm doing it right but confirmation or correction is very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Andy

Comments

• sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Payroll deductions

I think you are saying that the employees have to pay back the costs of course they fail to attend and that this amount deducted from their wages.
    If that's what you mean, then yes, DR PAYE and CR Training.

"The money is deducted straight from employees pay and we then pay ourselves."
    Not sure what you mean by this. If the money is not paid to the employee, then it remains in the bank acocunt, therefore no need to make any payment to the company.
  • ajmckell
    ajmckell Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Sheelagh

You were right in your assumption

"I think you are saying that the employees have to pay back the costs of course they fail to attend and that this amount deducted from their wages"

Thanks for confirming for me

Andy
Privacy Policy