Home For everyone Chat and off-topic discussion

Exemption Into uni degree...

S11AHSS11AHS Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 38
helo every!
I jus wanted 2 knw if i hav completed up2 advanced certificate level,cn i gain any exemption at uni like skip a year or two of da degree!
I intend 2 do degree which is cheaper 4 me dan acca!
After degree i wil only hav 2 do da profesional papers!

Tnx any1 hu can suport me!


  • Bookworm55Bookworm55 Trusted Regular Registered Posts: 479
    The official line is that completers of the AAT Technician (or Diploma) level will be allowed direct entry onto the second year of Accounting-related courses at certain universities.

    It is true, but in my experience there is a lot of variation between which universities will or won't allow you to do it. You will still have to apply through UCAS as normal, but there's a box on the form where you specify the level you want to start at.

    I would recommend contacting the admissions tutor in the accounting/business teaching department of any university you are interested in and having a chat with him or her. It is also true that you can get lots of exemptions from the professional exams, especially ACCAs Fundamentals papers.
  • CullenCullen Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 592
    You should also enquire about having support for your dyslexia........
Sign In or Register to comment.