Discounts, Sales and Bargains thread !!!

steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
Hello everyone,

I love a bargain like the next person, so have started this thread for the money savvy few of you.

Id like to make this thread a place where people can log and tell everyone about any deals that they have come by on the net or where they live.

This can range from clothing to stationary and from cds to Power tools.

Any great websites that you might know that offer great bargains or discount ideas are also welcomed.

Maybe your favourite store that you have noticed offering a brilliant deal. Let us know.

Ill kick us off.... Check this one out:

www.Hotukdeals.com

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Probs everyone uses these but i never buy tickts from the train station anymore with fares like Newcastle to London return for Β£20 why would you?

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/?
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Probs everyone uses these but i never buy tickts from the train station anymore with fares like Newcastle to London return for Β£20 why would you?

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/?

I travel to my mum and dads by train sometimes so will that a go....

Cheers Vic
  • A-Vic
    and i know its probly wrong but use my own student card (not NUS) and get reductions a lot in certain shops just look for the student discount sign and give it a go.

Your most welcome steve :)
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    do you know that your student card is not good enough to get the discount in the local bath by mine you have to fill out a form for them to contact the university or college and then they write back and then you get acard from them , that is the only way you can get a student discount !!who could be arsed with all that !
  • A-Vic
    do you know that your student card is not good enough to get the discount in the local bath by mine you have to fill out a form for them to contact the university or college and then they write back and then you get acard from them , that is the only way you can get a student discount !!who could be arsed with all that !

Best one i found was one well known stationery shop (no not staples) not only gave me 25% but also buy one get one free so shared the cost with another college friend so practically paid nothing lol
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    and i know its probly wrong but use my own student card (not NUS) and get reductions a lot in certain shops just look for the student discount sign and give it a go.

Your most welcome steve :)

hi you mean the AAT student card?
  • A-Vic
    Marga wrote: Β»
    hi you mean the AAT student card?

Nope my college student card but you could always give it a go as it shows you been a student
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    yeah definetely i will try

i also look like i am 16 anyway so ...:)
  • mark130273
    Marga wrote: Β»
    yeah definetely i will try

i also look like i am 16 anyway so ...:)

your lucky then aint ya !!
  • A-Vic
    your lucky then aint ya !!

Awww bless same figures just wrong way round for you look wise :lol:
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Awww bless same figures just wrong way round for you look wise :lol:

How do you get the Smilies after your comments A-Vic nobody will tell me?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, on the left there's a link that says 'smilies' click on that and it'll take you to a most useful page :001_smile:
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Thank you :thumbup:
  • mark130273
    how sad hey jewels.p :tongue_smilie:
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Anybody else on here addicted to Hotukdeals & the Moneysavingexpert 'grabbit now' forum - saved a fortune on there.
  • alexmitchell
    alexmitchell Registered Posts: 58 Regular contributor ⭐
    The daily page on ebay is sometimes pretty good.

http://deals.ebay.co.uk/
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I like http://www.offeroftheday.co.uk/ also like the grabbit section on moneysavingexpert :)
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Anybody else on here addicted to Hotukdeals & the Moneysavingexpert 'grabbit now' forum - saved a fortune on there.

Yes!!!

I keep buying stuff on HUKD lol... I'm meant to be saving money too :(

Saved a fortune on RRP right enough but it tends to be stuff i wouldn't normally have thought to buy..
  • FeryUK
    FeryUK Registered Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    I like http://www.everydayisblackfriday.co.uk/ as they are independent and they compare the prices to the previous price instead of the RRP price like many other deal finder websites, so retailers can't really hide the real discount rate as they have a 30 days price history chart for each product :)
Privacy Policy