Company status

Options
truecockney
truecockney Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
My employer pays a lot of contractors through Limited Company set-ups and I am required to check that the companies are correctly active through the relevant channels.

However, I have seen a company status on Companies House WebCheck that is new to me.

Does anyone know what is (or could be) meant by "Active - Proposal to Strike off", especially on a company that was registered last year?

Comments

• slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Active - Proposal to Strike off- is where the company is registered as activly trading , however they have not submitted the current years accounts and if they do not before a set deadline they will be struck off the companies house register and the company disolved, i believe.
  • RichardK
    RichardK Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    My employer pays a lot of contractors through Limited Company set-ups and I am required to check that the companies are correctly active through the relevant channels.

However, I have seen a company status on Companies House WebCheck that is new to me.

Does anyone know what is (or could be) meant by "Active - Proposal to Strike off", especially on a company that was registered last year?

Hi,
    You need to call companies house to discuss the stage at which they make this proposal. However, it does seem that a company would have to fail to file at least one set of accounts.

I think you might find this quote from the internet amusing.............

"It means you are probably knackered.
    If a company does not fill in and file statutary accounts at Companies
    House they will be struck off the company register and cease to exist as a
    company, 'proposal' status means they are close to being gone, they have
    had their final warning from Companies House. "
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I believe that message also appears when the company has filed an application to strike off the company - far more common.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Also active means they have filed their returns even if its a not trading (on hold) where as proposal like others said is either they have completed a strike off form or are very late in filing returns.
  • truecockney
    truecockney Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Cheers guys. That makes some sense, although there is no sense in striking off your company if you are still operating, surely!?

No returns would be due (yet) as the company was only formed 9 months ago, althogh I'll keep a note of that, Richard, for further reference if need in the future!
Privacy Policy