How to apply Uni

Options
Shab
Shab Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,
I am so confused as I am waiting for my about how to apply to universities. As an AAT Technician student we have been told that some of the universities will give us 1st year exemption, but all of the universities want us to apply through UCAS. So will kindly if you can provide me some information that, do I have to apply through UCAS as I am applying for the second year? I am waiting for your response and that will be much appreciated.
AAT Member
Shabir Gohar

Comments

• jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think the best idea would be to contact UCAS directly or look on their website. That way you are getting it from the horse's mouth as it were.
  • RowanB
    RowanB Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I would give the admissions tutor of the course you're interested in a ring. Here's a page with details of further education courses that offer exemptions to AAT qualifiers:

http://www.aat.org.uk/content/item2645/
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Shab wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am so confused as I am waiting for my about how to apply to universities. As an AAT Technician student we have been told that some of the universities will give us 1st year exemption, but all of the universities want us to apply through UCAS. So will kindly if you can provide me some information that, do I have to apply through UCAS as I am applying for the second year? I am waiting for your response and that will be much appreciated.
    AAT Member
    Shabir Gohar

I did the same thing a couple of years back, so here's my take:

You still have to apply through UCAS. You can apply for up to six different courses. When you select the university and course, you will have the option of choosing your entry point. (I can't recall the exact phrase) You simply put a "2" rather than a "1" to indicate you are applying for direct entry onto the second year.

It is possible that the university will insist you do the first year anyway, and it's your choice whether or not to accept that offer. I kind of wish I did; I think I might have gotten more out of the university experience if I'd been there the full three years, regardless of prior knowledge from the AAT, rather than rushing through it.

Have a chat with the accountancy admissions tutors of the universities you're interested in. They'll be best informed to let you know what the course will be like.
Privacy Policy