Self employed AAT'ers

Options
PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
As a self employed AAT qualified accountant, what services would you offer?

I'm curious to the difference between what an AAT accountant would do as opposed to a chartered one.

Comments

• Sweetpotato Chips
    Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    PGM wrote: »
    As a self employed AAT qualified accountant, what services would you offer?

I'm curious to the difference between what an AAT accountant would do as opposed to a chartered one.
    I am not sure myself but when you figure it out can I have a job please :-) !!
  • moozy7
    moozy7 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I would like to know the answer to this question also - any offers?

I have read elsewhere that we can do anything that we feel capable / competant to do apart from audit and insolvency.

Further info would be good.

Moozy
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    I offer the following:-

Bookkeeping
    VAT
    Accounts (sole traders, partnerships, limited companies)
    Personal Taxation
    Corporate Taxation
    Independent Examination (for charities)

As for differences as to what a 'Chartered' accountant can do as opposed to an AAT accountant.

The limitations of any accountant are the areas you have experience in. As an AAT MIP though you cannot undertake audit assignments or insolvency services.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yep, what Ian said.

A non-chartered accountant can provide every day-to-day service that a regular small business needs that a chartered one can.

The main thing to to not take on any work for which you don't have the relevant experience. Qualifications alone are not nearly enough.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    burg wrote: »
    I offer the following:-

Bookkeeping
    VAT
    Accounts (sole traders, partnerships, limited companies)
    Personal Taxation
    Corporate Taxation
    Independent Examination (for charities)

As for differences as to what a 'Chartered' accountant can do as opposed to an AAT accountant.

The limitations of any accountant are the areas you have experience in. As an AAT MIP though you cannot undertake audit assignments or insolvency services.

Ian, I just visited your website and thought I'd mention that I thought it was nice and easy to explore plus it doesn't bog the typically 'anti accountant punter' down in loads of techno-blurb!

Good site - well done you!

Out of interest did you set it up yourself or use a company?

I can't sleep!!!!!!!!!! :closedeyes:
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    anniem wrote: »
    Ian, I just visited your website and thought I'd mention that I thought it was nice and easy to explore plus it doesn't bog the typically 'anti accountant punter' down in loads of techno-blurb!

Good site - well done you!

Out of interest did you set it up yourself or use a company?

I can't sleep!!!!!!!!!! :closedeyes:

Thanks very much.

The idea of the site was to convey that I am not just your typical accountant. I try to follow this idea through with all aspects of my company. I never wear a suit, as most of my clients don't and I don't want to over power them as such.

I had a similar draft of the site that I designed myself but, I actually paid someone to put my thoughts ideas and basic concept into a website design. The whole site was done in less than a month. It is still being worked on but is most of the way there.
    Regards,

Burg
Privacy Policy