Unit 10 helpp

Options
nabutt
nabutt Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
hi i was wondering in the section of project Management of people do i hav to write abt the staff involved in the department i choose or the whole company ... bc my assesor ask me to write atleast on 4 staff memmbers and the department i choose only got 2 staff member ...... can anyone giv me sum guidence

really appreciated

Thankx

Comments

• shawn michaels
    shawn michaels Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Query with your assessor why he is asking for 4 members. I wrote primarily on 3 finance members including myself. I still had to cut my word count down a lot to get it right. Remember to do a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threat) analysis. You'll get plenty of words in especially when I started pointing out weaknesses (eg lack of training, security faults etc) in my department - seems to be the easiest thing for anyone to do - when I did my project a long while back.
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi,
    I put me, my boss (the Finance Manager) the Office Manager and the Head of Sales as they was all people I spoke to regarding the report.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i just put myself, the boss and the other person i work with. that seemed to be fine.
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am hoping anyone can help!

I am doing my case study report basis. I have been through individual report, recommendation on training etc,contigency planning,then SWOT analysis. I did not work and I have struggle big time on my SWOT, it seems I can't see the weaknesses and opportunity and so on. I have been referring this a lot in the book on what does really mean but I still don't get it. I am on 3100 words now what else do I have to cover after doing the SWOT.

Please share some idea what else is missing to complete my report? I have a very close friend which is working in the accounts not interested helping which is pity really.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Lyn32

When you look at the case study area you are working on you need to consider things like segregation of duties. For example, if only person raises and approves purchase orders and then the same person processes, signs off and pays the related invoices for these orders, there would be a serious lack of segregation of duties and this would be a major weakness and also a threat when it comes to your SWOT analysis.

You could also think of it along staff lines as well. For example, if you had a member of staff who had a personal problem and they went to talk to their boss about this problem, but their boss then shouted at them about it and the rest of the office heard this shouting, this would consistute a weakness in terms of management style, lack of team leadership, as well as affecting staff motivation.

Does this help?

If you have any other problems PM me.

Speegs
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thank you Speegs, your respond does really help. My case study asked me to report five staff which I did. With your help, it make sence to me now.

Well appreciated!
  • puspashr
    puspashr Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    need help for unit 10

my assessor ask me to find someone to check my project for garmmmatical mistakes. As i have got no such person to do it for me, she again suggest me to get help from my aat district society to find me a mentor.can anyone give me any suggestion on this?
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    puspashr wrote: »
    my assessor ask me to find someone to check my project for garmmmatical mistakes. As i have got no such person to do it for me, she again suggest me to get help from my aat district society to find me a mentor.can anyone give me any suggestion on this?

I have just sent you a PM
Privacy Policy