AAT ACCA Exemptions

Options
Gemmar
Gemmar Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Hello, bit of advice if anyone can answer me.

I am half way through technician stage AAT and looking to go on do ACCA as soon as I finish. However, I have only been in a finance related post for 4 months and do not have the full 12 months experience for full membership.

Can I go onto do ACCA and obtain full exemptions without 12 months work experience? I’ll have actually been in my role 12 months the end of October and wouldn’t be looking to start ACCA until September in any event.

Comments

• Miss_HJ
    Miss_HJ Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Gemmar wrote: »
    Hello, bit of advice if anyone can answer me.

I am half way through technician stage AAT and looking to go on do ACCA as soon as I finish. However, I have only been in a finance related post for 4 months and do not have the full 12 months experience for full membership.

Can I go onto do ACCA and obtain full exemptions without 12 months work experience? I’ll have actually been in my role 12 months the end of October and wouldn’t be looking to start ACCA until September in any event.

Have you done any work outside of your job that could count? i help with an audit once a year and that adds to my work experience? also voluntry for 1-2 months could help you achieve a yrs experience in a shorted period?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yes you can go on to ACCA without the work experience.

I was in the same position as you and didn't complete the work experience element until I was part way through ACCA but I could still start and claim exemptions.

You only have to have passed exams, not be a member.
Privacy Policy