Help please DFS

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Non-Current Assets
Plant - Cost £6,545,000 on 1 Jan 2005
£9,563,000 on 31 Dec 2005

During the year Non-current assets of cost price £2,500,000 were sold

What is the "Purchase of Non-Current Assets" figure that goes in the CashFlow Statement?

I thought it was £3,018,000 but am not sure now. Do I have to include the £2,500,000

Any tips?

Comments

• Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi,

Your cost b/fwd = 6,545. We have disposed of assets costing 2,500 so this gets deducted. Our costs c/fwd to the next year = 9,563 so the "balancing figure" = additions of 5,518.

It is difficult to draw a 'T' account on the forums, but here is another way:

Cost b/fwd = 6,545
    Disposed of = (2,500)
    Cost c/fwd = (9,563)
    Added in yr = 5,518

Kind regards
    Steve
  • Criggers
    Criggers Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    If I am right it might be worth going into this a little deeper as it comes up on the cash flow questions. It gives you an opening and closing PPE figure which are both NBV and you have to calculate investment for the year.

But that will probably be the next question :)
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Criggers wrote: »
    If I am right it might be worth going into this a little deeper as it comes up on the cash flow questions. It gives you an opening and closing PPE figure which are both NBV and you have to calculate investment for the year.

But that will probably be the next question :)

It's for a Cashflow I am trying to do it so not sure what you mean by going into it a little deeper?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Hi,

Your cost b/fwd = 6,545. We have disposed of assets costing 2,500 so this gets deducted. Our costs c/fwd to the next year = 9,563 so the "balancing figure" = additions of 5,518.

It is difficult to draw a 'T' account on the forums, but here is another way:

Cost b/fwd = 6,545
    Disposed of = (2,500)
    Cost c/fwd = (9,563)
    Added in yr = 5,518

Kind regards
    Steve

I cant believe I never thought to do it in a T-Account and I am at Technician Level what hope have I got! :blushing:
Privacy Policy