Door to Door Salesman

Options
Sweetpotato Chips
Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Ahh feel sorry for the poor young guy who just rang my doorbell, he desperatly tried to shove his loft insulation leaflet in my hand but I kept them well out the way..Bless can you think of a more thankless job ???

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I really couldn't do it. You'd feel like going home in tears everyday.
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    PGM wrote: »
    I really couldn't do it. You'd feel like going home in tears everyday.
    I know he was only about 20 and he looked so relieved just have had the door open..But I am in a newly built estate I can't imagine any of us need insulation so he's obviously short of a penny or two lol !!
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    " Bless can you think of a more thankless job ??? "

Double glazing sellers at our house - we have our own window business, house fully done etc etc and they still knock on the door!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Do you think they might be questioning the quality of the workmanship Jan?
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Ha ha, I'm not going to rise to that one!

Mind you, we have just moved so most of the windows that are in were installed by a competitor. Unfortunately, they are last on the list of things to do, although he is quick to point out the fault in one of them, which most people wouldn't notice anyway.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    We don't get Door to Door Salesmen cause we live in the Country but I get annoyed with the ones that phone just as you are about to eat your Tea and say "I'm not trying to sell you anything but...............................then go on to say "How old are your Windows and Doors?" So if they are not trying to sell me anything why do they want to know?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    We don't get Door to Door Salesmen cause we live in the Country but I get annoyed with the ones that phone just as you are about to eat your Tea and say "I'm not trying to sell you anything but...............................then go on to say "How old are your Windows and Doors?" So if they are not trying to sell me anything why do they want to know?
    Because based on that information, they look if they think your windows and such are due for renewal, making sure that a colleague of them, who does want to sell stuff, calls you at a later date, around the time you might consider renewals.

It's the "easy" way of getting information, as you don't tell them off right away, because they don't sell anything.
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Keep getting certain electricity companies coming round and asking for a person that doesn;t live at my address then when i say that they still try the sales pitch...not one has asked me for my name yet thankfully.., best one was my current supplier came round and try to sell me electricity......when i was already a customer :D....
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Crap jobs I can think of:

The people who sit in those tiny booths about the size of phone boxes in town centres selling tickets. Benefits - none that I can think of.

Toilet attendants (though Rab C last night showed this has a certain benefit sitting underneath the glass pavement looking up the skirts of women walking past!)
Privacy Policy