Business tax dilemma

Options
lewpylew
lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I took 2 tax exams back in December and failed part 2 of business tax : ( I expected a fail, but am a little confused as I found part 2 ok, and part 1 impossible so do not know what's happened there!!! Guess I can either request a script on my paper or look at the answers to see if that helps....

Right now I am in a bit of a dilemma. I only have DFS left, apart from the project which I will do in June. This is my weakest subject & I am already struggling 4 weeks in.

I have done my 2 options - personal tax & cash/credit so business tax was an optional subject. Should I learn FA 2009 and retake in June or would you just leave it and concentrate on DFS. I was all for retaking it, but the more I think of it it makes sense just to concentrate on DFS and become qualified in June?

TIA xx

Comments

• Lilyflower
    Lilyflower Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    mmm, if I were in the situation I would concentrate on where I was now and get qualified. I could always go back to re-do BTC after AAT qualification if I then decided I still wanted to, or else just go onto Accountancy through ACCA or ACA etc. Tax is covered in modules through those qualifications anyhow.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks Lily.

My teacher has said exactly the same thing to me this morning. DFS is a real struggle for me, and I would like to get finished in the summer as I have been doing technician over 2 years : )

I fancy doing ATT next and he says that would cover business tax anyhow! x
Privacy Policy