Just about to start Technician level

Options
beavis182
beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello, after just completing Intermediate i am about to inrole in the next level via distance learning (Premier Training).

I am fairly interested to see what the Personal/business tax sections are like as i think i want to concentrate on this after AAT and go onto ACA, is it possible to do these units before Unit 8,9,10 and 11?

Can anyone tell me what Units have simulations and do the tax units both have simulations or just exams?

Also can anyone tell me alittle more about each unit and whats involved basically.

thank you ;-)

Comments

• Lilyflower
    Lilyflower Registered Posts: 54 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hello!

I am in the same situation, just had my Intermediate passed and on to Technician, and I asked a similar question. After wading through the old threads I found this one which was particularly useful...

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?p=163329

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • beavis182
    beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    perfect.. thanks for that Lily, much appreciated.
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    beavis182 wrote: »
    Hello, after just completing Intermediate i am about to inrole in the next level via distance learning (Premier Training).

I am fairly interested to see what the Personal/business tax sections are like as i think i want to concentrate on this after AAT and go onto ACA, is it possible to do these units before Unit 8,9,10 and 11?

Can anyone tell me what Units have simulations and do the tax units both have simulations or just exams?

Also can anyone tell me alittle more about each unit and whats involved basically.

thank you ;-)

Hi,

It is possible to do Business Tax and Personal Tax before the other units. You can complete the units in any order but it is recommended to take Units 8 & 9 together as there is some overlap. Business Tax and Personal Tax just have exams.

Regards

Claire
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yes, you can take PTC and BTC before doing the other units.

If you're going to take the tax exams, it's probably a good idea to do them both in June and if you fail you can retake in December, as they change on an annual basis in line with last years tax. June and December in each year are based on the same sets of figures, ie tax codes and rates, etc and, even though they put the rates at the front of the paper I think it's better to work WITHOUT the rules changing between one set of papers and a possible resit.

I only found this out whilst studying for the first set in December, thankfully I passed both so it wasn't an issue, but it was constantly in the back of my mind whilst anxiously waiting for results - and I wished someone had told me!!!

Unit 8 PEV - Exam
    Unit 9 PCR - Exam
    Unit 10 MAS - Project
    Unit 11 DFS - Exam
    Unit 15 Cash Management - Simulation (Optional Unit)
    Unit 17 Implementing Auditing Procedures - Simulation (Optional Unit)
    Unit 18 BTC - Exam (Optional Unit)
    Unit 19 PTC - Exam (Optional Unit)

You need to take 2 of the optional units.

Hope this helps!

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy