Certificate - Annoyed

Options
Criggers
Criggers Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
So i passed DFS and PEV in December to complete Technician level. I was surprised to say the least when my certificate arrived on Thursday or Friday, can't quite remember which.

So why is my certificate bent on the corners? Even though it has a folder to keep it straight it looks like whoever put it together couldn't be bothered to make sure it was sat in there correctly and when they closed the folder it bent the cop left corner over. Don't get me wrong I am happy to have received it but it takes the edge off it a bit when the corners are damaged.... It's actually quite frustrating, even more so because I get a bit OCD about things like that, i can't write on crimpled paper let alone be proud of a bent certificate....

Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum, I couldn't see anywhere more appropriate.

Comments

• Miss_HJ
    Miss_HJ Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Criggers wrote: »
    So i passed DFS and PEV in December to complete Technician level. I was surprised to say the least when my certificate arrived on Thursday or Friday, can't quite remember which.

So why is my certificate bent on the corners? Even though it has a folder to keep it straight it looks like whoever put it together couldn't be bothered to make sure it was sat in there correctly and when they closed the folder it bent the cop left corner over. Don't get me wrong I am happy to have received it but it takes the edge off it a bit when the corners are damaged.... It's actually quite frustrating, even more so because I get a bit OCD about things like that, i can't write on crimpled paper let alone be proud of a bent certificate....

Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum, I couldn't see anywhere more appropriate.

Have you tried callin AAT to ask for a replacement if it is damaged!
  • Criggers
    Options
    Miss_HJ wrote: »
    Have you tried callin AAT to ask for a replacement if it is damaged!

Well thats the thing. It is only a little bit bent. Can I really claim it to be damaged when it is just the corner a little bit bent? It's not exactly bent or ripped through the middle. It is such a minor thing, enough to annoy (clearly lol) but I doubt it is enough to say it is damaged.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Criggers wrote: »
    Well thats the thing. It is only a little bit bent. Can I really claim it to be damaged when it is just the corner a little bit bent? It's not exactly bent or ripped through the middle. It is such a minor thing, enough to annoy (clearly lol) but I doubt it is enough to say it is damaged.
    If it's enough to annoy you and you are this bothered about it, I would say it's enough to ask for a new one! You should be proud of the certificate and if this stops you from being proud of it...
  • shaunjubb
    shaunjubb Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    blame the royal mail, lol !
  • Criggers
    Options
    Rinske wrote: »
    If it's enough to annoy you and you are this bothered about it, I would say it's enough to ask for a new one! You should be proud of the certificate and if this stops you from being proud of it...

Admittedly I wrote the post when i was pretty mad, it is annoying as hell. So maybe I should contact them... And yes your second sentence is pretty much bang on. I wouldn't mind if I had damaged it myself, but wow it's frustrating that I didn't get a nice posh cert to keep at the first time of asking.
    shaunjubb wrote: »
    blame the royal mail, lol !

I would love to but I don't think it is actually their fault :D
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Cert fine. But the pack it came in looked like the postie ate it.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jorja1986 wrote: »
    Cert fine. But the pack it came in looked like the postie ate it.
    Postmen need to eat too you know....
Privacy Policy