Unit 15 CMCC Skills Test

mi|kshake
mi|kshake Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Unfortunately I am having to resit the whole of my skills test and there was one question which came up in my original sitting that I was totally stumped by.

I can't actually remember how the question was worded and the paper specifically said not to photocopy it (is this new? I don't remember this on previous skills tests I have sat. Though I think previous ones were set by BPP/Kaplan and this one was set by AAT).

All I know is that it was task 10 and it was a one sentence question which meant absolutely nothing to me. I couldn't think which area of the Kaplan book it related to. And I can't get a copy of the questions from Kaplan.

Does anyone know what I'm on about? With my luck it will come up in my resit.

Thanks!

mi|kshake~

Comments

• meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi, are you talking about public sector question??
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    meibaker wrote: »

I think you are right.

Sandy Hood has posted excellent posts on this.

I was looking for one post in particular where sandy wrote in the last but one paragraph

"The key is the need to be prudent with finance and not to invest surpus balances where there is any risk of not being able to receive the deposit back. To this end you will see that local authorities tend to stick to government stock and banks with a large capitalisation. This will be unlike the commercial treasury departments where portfolios of shares may well be found along with a range of other short term deposits." (got this from my CM file)

and I thought it summed up the solution to that task perfectly.

However, I did find some othe posting on the following links - looks to be more detailed!

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=16681&highlight=public+sector

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=19767&highlight=Local+government+Act

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21682&highlight=Local+government+Act

have a look
  • mi|kshake
    I'm not much help lol as I can't remember the question, but it wasn't a theory question. There was a figure given to me but I had no idea what to do with it.

mi|kshake~
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Bet that's the trend stuff, that gets me too!!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    dobbieobby wrote: »
    Bet that's the trend stuff, that gets me too!!

I have some good excersies on this if you want.

pm me you e-mail
  • scooby27
    scooby27 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Unit 15

HI sdv,

Can I please also have anything what you have to practise for this unit?

my email is: salomon82@wp.pl
  • scooby27
    scooby27 Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Unit 15 - past simulations papers/practise tests

Dear Mr Sharad,

Thanks a lot for all of the papers sent to me!

I really appreciate it - I believe going through all of the materials, practising them- will help me to pass the next time

if anyone has the D2014 - please could you email me this simulation: salomon82@wp.pl

thanks
  • OlympicRudi
    OlympicRudi Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
    meibaker wrote: »

lol, I had that one too. Got through it fine just rolling off everything I knew. I used both Kaplan & Osbourne books as I found Kaplan wasn't good at teaching key points & Osbourne was far better in most(but not all) areas.

I'm glad I did too since the exam was far more extensive than the mock & covered most things.
  • donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi, sorry I was just curious if someone would be able to send me any of the past simulations or exercises for this unit? I think its a bonus to see as many different types of questions as possible.
    If anyone can could you please send it to donnaalwill@hotmail.com. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Will send you the mock simulation that I have
  • mi|kshake
    Yeah, I was thinking it could be possibly to do with trends so I have been revising that chapter although nothing's ringing a bell in relation to that question in the paper.

mi|kshake~
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Have a look at this on [thread=17556]trends[/thread]
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • mi|kshake
    Thanks for the tip Sandy!

mi|kshake~
  • Brownie3
    Brownie3 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Completed the Unit 15 Skills Test last night, very straight forward, and took less than 2 hours.

Obviously I don't think I can discuss the content incase this is rolled out to all centres, but was surprised by the ease and lack of complexity of the content tbh, much easier than the past papers I had completed.

Now Finished the lot!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Brownie3 wrote: »
    Completed the Unit 15 Skills Test last night, very straight forward, and took less than 2 hours.

Obviously I don't think I can discuss the content incase this is rolled out to all centres, but was surprised by the ease and lack of complexity of the content tbh, much easier than the past papers I had completed.

Now Finished the lot!

hello does that mean that you have simulations?? i have to sit this unit and i am trying to find as many simulations to practice as possible :)
  • Brownie3
    Brownie3 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    We were given maybe 4 or 5 past simulations as practise papers, all paper versions though, nothing that I could send you i'm afraid :-(
  • Marga
    well it was worth a shot trying

thanks anyways :)
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Marga

Does your training provider not give you simulations to practice?
  • Marga
    Hi Marga

Does your training provider not give you simulations to practice?

unfortunately they dont send any practice papers unless you book to take the simulation ....i want to have a look at it first and if i decide i can do it based on how the simulations go then i will book it ....
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Marga wrote: »
    unfortunately they dont send any practice papers unless you book to take the simulation ....i want to have a look at it first and if i decide i can do it based on how the simulations go then i will book it ....
    It does make more sense to me to try them before booking the real one.

Have you tried the one that is on the site? I think it's D1904.
  • Marga
    hi there , yeah tried that one and one that a friend sent me ....the more the better when it comes to revising and preparing for an exam :)
Privacy Policy