So who runs the finances in your house??

Options
Sweetpotato Chips
Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I do mostly...but sometimes would like to hand the reins over..but then i get all panicky at the thought of doing that as i am such a control freak lol

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Me definitely! My other half just moans when there is no money left in his Bank Account!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I do as i am the one that uses the money for everything let me explain

my husband runs his own business so his "salary/allowance" comes to me and i ensure there is always food in the fridge, the house is clean,the bills are paid, he has good clothes, the cats are well fed and any kind of entertainment (if we ever go anywhere) i book it.

It has been working like that for the last 5 years and no complains
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    me as its only me in the house
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Options
    Marga wrote: ยป
    I do as i am the one that uses the money for everything let me explain

my husband runs his own business so his "salary/allowance" comes to me and i ensure there is always food in the fridge, the house is clean,the bills are paid, he has good clothes, the cats are well fed and any kind of entertainment (if we ever go anywhere) i book it.

It has been working like that for the last 5 years and no complains
    I am assuming we are all women !! But isn't it funny that Accountancy at the top end is mostly men and at home where the finances really count its mostly women that control it. Should that tell those FD's and MD's something !!!!
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    well it takes me a great deal to get him to do his timesheets for his business and it is HIS business although i run it mostly lol!

he is not good with paperwork at all bless him

but then on the other hand to be honest i wouldnt want him to take care of anything as i typically woman probably would end up telling him I CAN DO BETTER lol
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Options
    Marga wrote: ยป
    well it takes me a great deal to get him to do his timesheets for his business and it is HIS business although i run it mostly lol!

he is not good with paperwork at all bless him

but then on the other hand to be honest i wouldnt want him to take care of anything as i typically woman probably would end up telling him I CAN DO BETTER lol
    No doubt LOL....Why is then that all the high powered finance jobs go to men, who basically hand their paypackets over to their wives every month lol !!
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    oi im a man:P and i run the finances...but my G/f constantly pesters me to keep it in better order ( rather than my curretn filling system of pile (A) important and (B) not so important (C) Junk ). so she knows where we stand rather than it just being in my head....
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    oi im a man:P and i run the finances...but my G/f constantly pesters me to keep it in better order ( rather than my curretn filling system of pile (A) important and (B) not so important (C) Junk ). so she knows where we stand rather than it just being in my head...

Does Slackda stand for slack dash (being a man) ......................wait a minute it's slap dash isn't it not slack dash!:lol:
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I do it. Always have done, always will do.
    Saying that, I live on my own at the moment :lol:
    My other half is nicely organised with his money, though, which is good.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i also am a lady and yes i do run the finances. i am really anal with it too, i have a spreadsheet set up with a forecast (how sad!!), with in my spreadsheet i have holiday and car saving pots, so when hubby looks at it he is all confused and just doesn't ask.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    when hubby looks at it he is all confused and just doesn't ask.

Best way :lol:

I do project my own cashflow, I have a QB file set up (carried over from when I was a sole trader) and I use it to monitor my current account. As I take money ad hoc from my Ltd Co I have to make sure I'm not going overdrawn (it focuses the mind on credit control! :-D )
Privacy Policy