Passports

Options
paulr
paulr Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
Are we able to charge for signing passports for other individuals producing the correct
documents; locally Doctors are charging 60 pounds.I have permission off AAT but normally do not charge a fee.

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    paulr wrote: »
    Are we able to charge for signing passports for other individuals producing the correct
    documents; locally Doctors are charging 60 pounds.I have permission off AAT but normally do not charge a fee.

id do it an extra insentive to client to sign on board but £60 is a bit much considering you can get it free from your local post office if you have been using it for over 3 years
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Depends who it is. If it's someone I don't know from adam I will charge them (like £10 or something).
    If it was an existing client who I knew I'd just do it.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: »
    Depends who it is. If it's someone I don't know from adam I will charge them (like £10 or something).
    If it was an existing client who I knew I'd just do it.

Ummmm, you still have to have known them for at least 2 years. You can't just sign any old Tom, Richard (apparantly I can't use the short version of this name - go figure?) or Harry's photo.

Personally I think it's wrong to charge people anything but if you are going to go down that route think about what your normal hourly rate is and how long it takes you to scrawl a few words on the back of a photo and fill in a form. What 5, 10 minutes? At a rate of £25 per hour. Works out at no more than £5, hardly worth it really.

I've never charged anyone and never been charged by anyone else for mine. Do as you would be done by.
Privacy Policy