Executive Summary

Options
Rachey
Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi everyone,

Can anybody please help me with Unit 10's 'executive summary'? I just need a bit of advice on what to include in this section as i'm struggling to understand the guide i have.

Thankyou in advance

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_summary

Its a summary of the whole document.
  • Rachey
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_summary

Its a summary of the whole document.

Is it advisable that i do this last?

Thanks for your quick reply PGM, you're a star.
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    My tutor said you normally do it last and that's what I can find back everywhere, but on her feedback she also had written that I could start with it already, so I'm not so sure anymore.

How is your project going?
  • PGM
    Options
    Rachey wrote: ยป
    Is it advisable that i do this last?

Thanks for your quick reply PGM, you're a star.

Nah, just waiting for this afternoon to slide by and then I'm home for the weekend! :)

I've only used it in one report, I had it at the beginning, after using the layout of another report I borrowed.
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    Nah, just waiting for this afternoon to slide by and then I'm home for the weekend! :)

I've only used it in one report, I had it at the beginning, after using the layout of another report I borrowed.

The Executive summary is to be done last(but does go about 3 pages in on the report) as it is a brief outline as to what you chose to recommend changes to and why.

It is to be only about a paragraph in size and should have any final fiqure (re your cost analysis) as to what your recomendation will be saving the company, as this is meant for the Manager/Owner of the business to read and make him interested enough to read on.

Good Luck
  • PGM
    Options
    Ah yes done last, sorry my rubbish reading skills!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Can anybody please help me with Unit 10's 'executive summary'? I just need a bit of advice on what to include in this section as i'm struggling to understand the guide i have.

Thankyou in advance

I had this from AAT website - somewhere

"Executive Summary

A brief summary of the issue the report will deal with, the measures implemented and results achieved.

This can also be called management summary or report summary. The idea of this is that a senior manager could read just the summary and have a good understanding of why the report was written and the outcomes.

This will probably be one of the last things you write, as it is an overview of the whole report, draw out the key points you have made in the body of the report.

It should be one paragraph of the key factors of the report that clearly identifies the changes made and the impact of these on the organisation. It should capture the reader and make them want to read the report to understand how you will achieve these outcomes."

Practically

you will have written your project on 4 main points

1 compenency of employees - arranged training

2 contingency plan - fully functual plan set in place

3 cost benefit analysis - boast about how much savings you have made for the company

4 fraud - control put in place to prevent a possible fraud

summarise briefly the above 4 findings in your executive summary report.

Job Done!
  • Rachey
    Options
    sdv wrote: ยป
    I had this from AAT website - somewhere

"Executive Summary

A brief summary of the issue the report will deal with, the measures implemented and results achieved.

This can also be called management summary or report summary. The idea of this is that a senior manager could read just the summary and have a good understanding of why the report was written and the outcomes.

This will probably be one of the last things you write, as it is an overview of the whole report, draw out the key points you have made in the body of the report.

It should be one paragraph of the key factors of the report that clearly identifies the changes made and the impact of these on the organisation. It should capture the reader and make them want to read the report to understand how you will achieve these outcomes."

Practically

you will have written your project on 4 main points

1 compenency of employees - arranged training

2 contingency plan - fully functual plan set in place

3 cost benefit analysis - boast about how much savings you have made for the company

4 fraud - control put in place to prevent a possible fraud

summarise briefly the above 4 findings in your executive summary report.

Job Done!

Do you do these projects in your sleep? You're great lol :-)

Thankyou everybody for your input, i love these forums!
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Do you do these projects in your sleep? You're great lol :-)

Thankyou everybody for your input, i love these forums!

I'd say EXPERIENCE!

I struggled a lot when I did Mine

a lot of hard work, but well worth it in the end.
Privacy Policy