Unit 10 - Names?

Options
thoms04
thoms04 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
I'm confused! In the AAT Student Pack page 18 it states that the report shouldn't contain any personal references such as names.

Yet the example report in the study text does?

So when analysing the current system can i refer to the employees by name or only by job title i.e.the purchase ledger clerk. Any ideas?

Comments

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I would think that this refers to when a report is produced based on a real organisation rather than a case study - but I may be wrong.
  • thoms04
    thoms04 Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.

I originally thought that too but then realised that this can't be true for 2 reasons:

1. The report based on a work place or case study is supposed to be written in the same way. The only difference being the source of information.

2. My project plan & flow charts have listed names and positions and nothing has been mentioned so far. It's been signed off for a first draft too.

I've emailed my tutor so hopefully it will be confirmed soon. Just wondered what others who have completed the report have done.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i only used he or she and the position - not the persons name. Mine was based on a real situation.
  • nabutt
    nabutt Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    u r not suppose to use names u can use the position like payroll clerk etc but u can use name in project proposal.........
    also u r not suppose to use he, she , I in report
  • Shar-ley
    Shar-ley Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Your supposed to write in the third person and I have been advised by my tutor that I can use names. Initally I didn't but he said its ok so I changed my report.
Privacy Policy