Please help with printer problem

Options
Marg22
Marg22 Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I am working on sage 50 v12 and I have a printer problem. I have been trying for quite a while and cannot figure out what I need to do.

Recently we bought a new printer and installed it and I've gone into the control panel and selected it as the default printer which is fine most of the reports print off on the new printer except for a cheque print out name 'chqdot.sly' which is still trying to print on the old printer so I did the following but it still will not print.

Tools/report designer
Select layout
Find 'chqdot.sly' and click on it.
Go into file & select print setup
Select the printer (i selected the new printer)

Then when I tried to print the cheque nothing prints out.

Please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Marg

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Did you save the changes? Might sound obvious but I've changed settings and not saved before.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I hate printers...

Why are you printing the chq's through report designer?

Can you print a test page to your new printer to check it is working? From another application.

Try doing a Sage print to pdf.

Then you've checked both Sage and the printer.
  • Marg22
    Options
    Hi

I have checked everything that you both say, but I don't seem to be doing anything wrong. All the reports and cheques automatically changed to the new printer, except for chqdot.sly which I changed manually but it just will not print. I did it in the report designer area because I went into the help section and it told me to do it there, but I can now see that the printer can be changed when selecting a document.

It looks like a solution has not been found for this one. Many thanks to Jilt & PGM for your support.

Regards

Marg
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I have a similar problem when printing invoices - only thing I can do is select printer each time I print a sales invoice. All other reports are OK- I was hoping someone had an answer! :-(
  • Marg22
    Options
    Hi Jan

I was also hoping for an answer too, but it doesn't seem likely.

marg
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Marg22 wrote: »
    Hi Jan

I was also hoping for an answer too, but it doesn't seem likely.

marg

Have you checked that template is set to A4 and portrait the same as the other templates?

Maybe phone your Sage helpline if you have a contract with them?
Privacy Policy