New AAT qualification QCF

Options
Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I noticed the AAT will replace the NVQ-Diploma qualification into QCF (what is??) and the deadline is 30 June 2010 for the current students.

Does somebody have more info about this new qualication?

I switched from NVQ to Diploma in order to have written on my qualification "Diploma in Accounting" but now if I will get "Certificate for Accounting Technicians" I'm not that happy...

Comments

• cryptolip
    cryptolip Registered Posts: 8 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Date
    30 June 2010 Current NVQ and Diploma Pathways expire for new
    learners
    1 July 2010 New AAT Accounting Qualification is launched and
    open to new learners
    1 July 2010 โ€“ 30 June 2011
    Opportunity for existing learners to finish current level
    of study and for transfer to new Accounting
    Qualification
    1 July 2011 โ€“ 31 December 2011 Transfer of final group of existing students
    1 January 2012 All students following the AAT Accounting
    Qualification within the QCF

So in a sence is it saying i have till december 11 to complete dipolma?
  • Londina
    Options

Thanks Gary I had a look at those, but unfortunately I haven't found much information.
    Does this QCF have the same reputation of NVQ/Diploma or this is something that will undervalue the whole qualification (I'm worried that having a Cerficate the AAT will look like a mickey mouse few months course...)
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    http://www.qcda.gov.uk/19674.aspx

Found this regarding QCF.

I will try and find some more ifnormation.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    โ€ข QCF changes: How will this affect the AAT qualifications?
    In June 2008 the NVQ in Payroll Administration, the AAT Bookkeeping Certificate (ABC) and all three levels of the Diploma pathway were approved onto the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF), which is being introduced to replace the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).

************To gain accreditation onto the QCF the titles of the above qualifications had to be changed to comply with the QCF style and requirements, but the content of the qualifications remains the same.
    The key message will be that the content and assessment of the qualifications remain unchanged, it is only the titles that have changed.************

A letter explaining the changes will be sent to all part qualified students with their statement of achievement in August 2009.
    Key deadline dates for launch
    โ€ข Last NQF certificate run 10 August 2009
    โ€ข Simulations must be sat by 30 June 2009 and the results must be reported by 21 July 2009 for NQF certificates to be received.
    โ€ข After the 1 July 2009 all students registering will be on the QCF version.

It looks as if this going on across the board not just accounting. Im sure employers will be bought upto speed on the new qualifications so will understand what has gone into it...(Hopefully)
  • Londina
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Date
    learners
    So in a sence is it saying i have till december 11 to complete dipolma?

But then if you finish in Dec 2011, your paper certificate will says NVQ/Diploma (since you are an existing student before the change) or will says QCF since will be the current?

steveJ wrote: ยป
    http://www.qcda.gov.uk/19674.aspx
    Found this regarding QCF.
    I will try and find some more ifnormation.

thanks Stevej, the link is very useful.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
  • Londina
    Options
    sdv wrote: ยป

many thanks! I had a look at those. What do you mean with the below? the project has changed under the new standands?
    sdv wrote: ยป
    incidently the project (currently unit 10) is halved. You only have to do pc.10.2 to complete the project. If anybody out there has not completed the project, there is a definite advantage to convert the existing acheivements into the new 2010 standards and complete your project under that.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Under the new 2010 standards, the project syllabus has changed.

under the current standards you are required to cover the following in your project;

1 The organisational structure
    2 competency of the accounting department staff
    3 contingency plan for the accounting department
    4 weaknesses of one of the accounting deartment and it's effect on the organisation
    5 cost benefit analysis
    6 controls to prevent Fraud

Under the new 2010 standards, only points 1,4,5 & 6 are required to be covered.

This is what I undersatnd from the documentations posted on the AAT web site.

However, more information will be released after Easter.

watch this space!
  • Londina
    Options
    what annoys me is that I have to find all this information here in the forum, I'm a distance learner and the AAT should inform all the students in my position regarding this important issue. Most of you know it from your college, instead I discovered just browsing around!

Now for example, what are my deadlines? do I have to do the project under the old or new standards?? really, the AAT is keeping me in the dark...
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Date
    learners
    1 July 2010 New AAT Accounting Qualification is launched and
    open to new learners
    1 July 2010 โ€“ 30 June 2011
    Opportunity for existing learners to finish current level
    of study and for transfer to new Accounting
    Qualification
    1 January 2012 All students following the AAT Accounting
    Qualification within the QCF QUOTE]

These are the dates. What level of the qualification are you on? if you doing Level 4, then you probably dont have to worry, and this may be why your learning provider/AAT havnt told you about it, as you should be able to get everything finished before the new standards come in anyway.

If your still confused, give the AAT or your learning provider a call - they should know more.
Privacy Policy