Unit 15: why different levels?

Options
Londina
Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I'm wondering...Unit 15 is in the Technician level if you do the NVQ route and in the Intermediate level if you do the Diploma route...why different level? I switched from NVQ to Diploma, therefore because of this I haven't done this unit.

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'm wondering...Unit 15 is in the Technician level if you do the NVQ route and in the Intermediate level if you do the Diploma route...why different level? I switched from NVQ to Diploma, therefore because of this I haven't done this unit.

Hi,

I am doing Diploma Route and sat this at Intermediate Level but I have seen on here people asking questions about Unit 15 on Technician Level so I guess you are right depends what route you take. Are you studying Distance Learning? If so your Tutor would be the best person to advise you.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    we have a student that switched from NVQ to Diploma this year and she has to do UNIT 15 and 32 - we did it in advanced certificate to save time for the rest as we are only part-time
  • stuartander
    stuartander Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Im doing technician at the moment and my college do the unit 15 in this level and im on diploma route
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I remember reading an article written by AAT a few years ago. They stated that a number of students found the transitition from Intermediate to Technician quite difficult, and would drop out of their studies as a result.

Therefore, when AAT launched the Diploma route, it was decided to move Unit 15 to the Advanced Certificate level to "beef up" the middle section, so students wouldn't find the step up to the final level as difficult.
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    On NVQ route Unit 15 is optional at Technician Level, so you don't actually have to do it at all if studying NVQ.

There are four optional units; 15 Cash Management Credit Control, 17 Auditing Procedures, 18 & 19 Business and Personal Tax. You only need to do 2 optionals.

I will complete NVQ without having done Unit 15, as I took both tax options.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I remember reading an article written by AAT a few years ago. They stated that a number of students found the transitition from Intermediate to Technician quite difficult, and would drop out of their studies as a result.

Therefore, when AAT launched the Diploma route, it was decided to move Unit 15 to the Advanced Certificate level to "beef up" the middle section, so students wouldn't find the step up to the final level as difficult.

To follow on from that, I also read that the cash management skills were considered to be a core skill in accounting and so it was decided that it should become a core module instead of an optional one.

Neil
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It's only a core module on the diploma pathway though?
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    It's only a core module on the diploma pathway though?

To follow on from my post, the AAT alone aren't able to make changes to the NVQ route, but they can the Diploma pathway.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Ah right.

Perhaps it will become a core module once the new AATs are released in June?
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    Ah right.

Perhaps it will become a core module once the new AATs are released in June?

oh man, best I finish my diploma pathway by then! I haven't done at all Unit 15
Privacy Policy