Finance Credit Control

Options
Marga
Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

my company has a vacancy for a credit controller to be based in london

not sure if any of you are close by or interested but i thought i'd let you know

marga

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Have you got a link to somewhere, so that we can look at the add ..... if any of us would be mad enough to even maybe consider working near you!!!!! :lol:

(only joking by the way, in case you feel affronted and feel the urge to hit the 'Report' button!!!)
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi

I wouldn't mind details, please. If you could send them to me.

Jennie
    x
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Ive been getting a few credit controller vacancies come through by email from totaljobs. Im not up to that standard yet though! lol
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Don't want to put anybody off doing Credit Control but I work for a small company and one of my jobs is Credit Control needless to say all our Customers think I am a total witch and never want to speak to me! :lol:
  • Marga
    Options
    hello

please see below link let me know if it works or not!

http://computacentercareers.resourcesolutions.com/gold/cbjb/jobsearch/jobdetails.cfm?oJobCode=380204

Basically company is Computacenter and offices are in blackfriars

Steve dont put yourself down ....i havent finished even intermediate and i have been promoted to Finance Credit Controller here in Hatfield looking after a ledger worth ยฃ12M so if i can do it i believe you can as well and let me say that salary is quite good (yes passed the ยฃ25K mark)
  • Marga
    Options
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Have you got a link to somewhere, so that we can look at the add ..... if any of us would be mad enough to even maybe consider working near you!!!!! :lol:

(only joking by the way, in case you feel affronted and feel the urge to hit the 'Report' button!!!)

i should have posted my email and telephone number right??????
  • anniem
    Options
    Marga wrote: ยป
    i should have posted my email and telephone number right??????

You got it!!!!!
  • anniem
    Options
    Don't want to put anybody off doing Credit Control but I work for a small company and one of my jobs is Credit Control needless to say all our Customers think I am a total witch and never want to speak to me! :lol:

It's OK we love you Jewels!
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    You never called me then! I always stick to the nice bit, my supervisor however thinks everyone who calls is a total b*tch, just for calling. I still don't understand why he took tthe job if he so obviously doesn't like most of it...
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i used to work in credit control/debt collection and was polite but tough when needed. i got my bonus every month for collections...not may other did, and they were nice all the time lol
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Not everyone can do credit control and you need to be polite (not overly) but to the point, firm when needed, able to negotiate but not to cave in, fairly argumentative and confrontational when the need arises (and it often does), resilient, investigative (to dig within the company if the normal lines of communication seem closed) and know some law.

And if your creditors are small and local, not to be afraid to turn up unannounced on their doorsteps and telling them you're not leaving until they've given you something - one of my favourite parts from when I used to do it!
  • Marga
    Options
    Not everyone can do credit control and you need to be polite (not overly) but to the point, firm when needed, able to negotiate but not to cave in, fairly argumentative and confrontational when the need arises (and it often does), resilient, investigative (to dig within the company if the normal lines of communication seem closed) and know some law.

And if your creditors are small and local, not to be afraid to turn up unannounced on their doorsteps and telling them you're not leaving until they've given you something - one of my favourite parts from when I used to do it!

i think that is where my background in sales help a lot cause i know how to comunicate internally to get things resolved when orders/invoices go wrong

I have been speaking to customers on the phone and on email most of them are even ashamed of owing us money!!!

we have the odd customer which can be a pain but all in all everything seems to be working fine
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

Why does that not surprise me????? You big bully!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i must admit, it was my favourite job and you do build up a good rapport with your customers
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i must admit, it was my favourite job and you do build up a good rapport with your customers

Yes the ones that dont take the p***. We have one who keeps saying my Accounts System is all wrong (It's Sage by the way) and the outstanding invoices are not overdue! Then you get the ones who say they thought it was paid. Most of our customers now pay by BACS so they cant use the 'cheque's in the post' excuse now. Generally we are quite successful at getting the money in and it is usually the same ones time and time again that drag their heels in paying.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

So when they said "Pay up or we'll send the boys rahnd", you were one of the boys. I can just picture the scene, "Nice little business you have here, be a shame if anything was to happen to it, know what I mean, squire?"

I once had occasion to take down a non-paying client's web site and replace it with a page along the lines of "This site is suspended until the web-designer gets paid what he's owed. Anyone considering extending credit to this business may wish to take note." Not particularly effective but satisfying nonetheless.
  • Marga
    Options
    CJC wrote: ยป
    So when they said "Pay up or we'll send the boys rahnd", you were one of the boys. I can just picture the scene, "Nice little business you have here, be a shame if anything was to happen to it, know what I mean, squire?"

I once had occasion to take down a non-paying client's web site and replace it with a page along the lines of "This site is suspended until the web-designer gets paid what he's owed. Anyone considering extending credit to this business may wish to take note." Not particularly effective but satisfying nonetheless.

my husband is a gardener and i do his accounts so when a customer calls and he hasnt paid for the last two months i always say sorry he cannot buy fuel to his van to go to your garden because you have not paid him,

it always works and we get payment the very next day...specially in spring/summer
  • AatAbi
    AatAbi Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    have you got any offices up north? I'm desperate for a job.
  • Marga
    Options
    AatAbi wrote: ยป
    have you got any offices up north? I'm desperate for a job.

hi

there are offices in scotland and i think milton keynes?

not sure what part of the north you are after
  • AatAbi
    AatAbi Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, I mean in North Wales and Cheshire.
Privacy Policy