Do you need help with the dreaded Unit 10?

Options
speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi Everyone.

I am back and fighting fit.

If there are any students out there who need to helping hand with their Unit 10 project or just a shoulder to cry, I am here to help.

I will not do your project for you, but I am happy to act as a sounding board. Please feel free to PM me.

Speegs

PS I don't charge, I am just happy to help.

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Nice one speegs :) i may take you up on that when i get around to mapping if you dont mind
  • speegs
    Options
    Sure no problem A-vic
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Welcome back Speegs, good to see you are fighting fit. we have missed you and all appreciate the help and advise you give.

Tracy
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Can I just cry on your shoulder please, I have a lot on my mind at the moment?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Aww poor blobster. Are you ok?

My unit 10 is with my manager at the moment, to be checked by her for confidentiality issues, before I can send it in to my tutor. Last time it took her 3 weeks to reply and then 1 month before I got a reply from my tutor, I hope it all goes a bit faster this time...

I might actually need some help with the mapping as well Speegs!
  • speegs
    Options
    The Blobbmyster gets no sympathy as he is always bullying people with the trust. Sorry Blobs.

Just kidding. We all love you.

Speegs
  • speegs
    Options
    Rinske wrote: ยป
    Aww poor blobster. Are you ok?

My unit 10 is with my manager at the moment, to be checked by her for confidentiality issues, before I can send it in to my tutor. Last time it took her 3 weeks to reply and then 1 month before I got a reply from my tutor, I hope it all goes a bit faster this time...

I might actually need some help with the mapping as well Speegs!

No problem. Just shout when you need to.
  • renata
    renata Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I am thinking of starting Unit 10, really scarred actually.
    Does anyone know that the best distant learning provider for this unit.
    I was told that BPP are good but the charge ยฃ290 which I think is a lot compare to kaplan ยฃ135.

Please share your expereince
  • speegs
    Options
    Hi Renata

Please do not be scared by the project it really isn't as bad as everyone makes out it is.

I studied with BPP and if you go to BPP London you might be lucky enough to have Ray Helliar tutor you. He was fantastic. Also the BPP course notes (as well as the book) virtually spoon feed you through the project.

Shout once you get started and I will be here to support you if you need it.

Speegs :)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i also did unit 10 with BPP and my tutor Emma Axon was also fantastic, i can agree that the books do spoon feed you too.

Tracy
  • mtvesuvio
    mtvesuvio Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Unit 10

Hey,

Just when I feel like the project is almost finished, and am pleased with it, I look at the mapping and then it seems to all fall apart again.... was told that you didn't have to implement the idea anymore, so I am unsure of how to go about the "co ordinate work activities effectively and in accordance with work plans and contingency plans"... how can i say what contingency plans i used in implementation when I am not implementing the idea?

Any help or advise on this would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Mtvesuvio
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I need all the help I can get speegs :(
  • speegs
    Options
    Hey,

Just when I feel like the project is almost finished, and am pleased with it, I look at the mapping and then it seems to all fall apart again.... was told that you didn't have to implement the idea anymore, so I am unsure of how to go about the "co ordinate work activities effectively and in accordance with work plans and contingency plans"... how can i say what contingency plans i used in implementation when I am not implementing the idea?

Any help or advise on this would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Mtvesuvio

Hi

I think they are referring to contingency plans you "could" put in place should you systems failed. For example, if you wanted to computerise your purchasing system, but then you had a flood and your office was destroyed, what would you do? So you could say that the contingency plan would be to have your servers and backup servers located off site. That all staff have laptops and can work off site. Things like that.

I did the case study when I did my project, so I also did not implement anything. My contingency plans were all ficticious ideas.

I hope that helps.

Speegs
  • speegs
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    I need all the help I can get speegs :(

AK002

What are you stuck on?

Thanks

Speegs
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Speegs i need to complete a SWOT analysis any advise would be great

Thanks

Vic
  • mtvesuvio
    mtvesuvio Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Thanks speegs that does help alot!! :)

Mtvesuvio
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Lol, honestly?

Everything.

I just can't get started. My subject feels weak, no motivation at all..
  • speegs
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Speegs i need to complete a SWOT analysis any advise would be great

Thanks

Vic

Hi Vic

The SWOT analysis is simply a list. You need to list out all the Strengths you can find, all the Weaknesses, all the Opportunities and all the Threats. It is from this list that you will develop your projects ideas.

Hope that makes sense.

Speegs
  • speegs
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    Lol, honestly?

Everything.

I just can't get started. My subject feels weak, no motivation at all..

PM me you subject and I will have a read for you. I may have some thoughts on it once I have read it.

Speegs.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    And further to the already good explanation strengths and weaknesses are internal to the project but opportunities and threats are external influences (i.e. outside the organisation). I only added this because it took me ages to work out the difference! (or maybe I'm just thick)!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    no thats great thanks bluewednesday made my life a lot easyer as wasnt sure on how to deal with Preliminary findings of observations but now can tie up recomendatons thanks :)
Privacy Policy