Hip Replacement in May - v - Exams in June :-//

Options
anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I was hoping to have had my hip replacement by the end of April, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen until May now; I want to take PEV & PCR in June, but I'm really not sure if I'm going to be able to sit still on a chair for 3 /3.5 hours within 6 weeks of my operation.

The problem is that I need to pay for the exams by the end of April!

Does anyone have any experience of asking the AAT if they will hold my exam fee over until December if I can't sit the exams in June?

It's obviously a very genuine reason and I am happy to supply consultants letters, etc. to prove my case.
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    anniem wrote: Β»
    I was hoping to have had my hip replacement by the end of April, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen until May now; I want to take PEV & PCR in June, but I'm really not sure if I'm going to be able to sit still on a chair for 3 /3.5 hours within 6 weeks of my operation.

The problem is that I need to pay for the exams by the end of April!

Does anyone have any experience of asking the AAT if they will hold my exam fee over until December if I can't sit the exams in June?

It's obviously a very genuine reason and I am happy to supply consultants letters, etc. to prove my case.

Give it a try, they can only say no. and good luck with your operation
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Would it be possible if you sat down for a bit, went for a walk or something alike in between? In that case it might fall under the special circumstances where they offer you an option to sit it anyways?

Not sure if that's possible, and not sure if you would want that, but it might be worth checking into if you are interested in sitting the exams in June after your hip got replaced.

And I think if you let them know you can't make it in advance they will refund it. Not sure how far in advance you have to let them know though.
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi

As you know I have had a hip replacement and I think sitting down for that long will be ok, although you may have to take a cushion and have a walk around. I found the worst bit for me was the tiredness. But good luck. I was lucky enough to take my exam and have the operation the next day.

Good luck....my 2nd hip operation is in June, hopefully I will have completed all intermediate by then.....

Jen
    x
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    i think best to contact them straight away as they might need to accomodate your needs they have to

good luck with the op :(
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I've had a reply:

[highlight]Exam fees are non transferable, the only exception would be if you was admitted to hospital on the day of the exam, in which case a proportion of your fee would be credited to your AAT account on discretion.

If you choose to enter for the exams, and you feel that your health may hinder you taking the exams, your centre can set special arrangements for you, such as extra time and rest breaks, you would need to speak to your college exams officer about this when entering for the exam.
    [/highlight]

So that's that! I have to say that I think it's a bit unfair that they can't hold exam fees over until the next sitting under some circumstances, especially when it's been dealt with in plenty of time before the exams. It's not like I've decided the day before that I haven't studied enough or something!

I'm a bit disappointed really.

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i have to agree its very unfair
Privacy Policy