Acca

Options
mark057
mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi,

I just wondered if any AAT qualified students have recently begun ACCA (f4).

Not long begun the course and have to admit to feeling overwhelmed by the content and volume.

Anyone else like to share their experiences?

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    I find that exAAT students on both ACCA and CIMA often have a lot of subject knowledge, but need a lot of support in terms of learning how to pass the exams.

AAT exams need near perfect answers and are rarely time pressured in the same way as the other 2 bodies.
    In exchange passing CIMA and ACCA demands time management to achieve 50+ marks out of 100.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • shawn michaels
    shawn michaels Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I chose to study CIMA over ACCA. My colleague a new starter as well chose ACCA. The rest of my team including the finance director are also ACCA so I decided to try something different. Very costly course though in terms of membership, subscription and AAT exemptions - total cost of £370 - and I've yet to start the professional stage. Not sure whether my AAT work experience log can get carried over, still trying to find the answer to that. But either qualification is good.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    mark057 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just wondered if any AAT qualified students have recently begun ACCA (f4).

Not long begun the course and have to admit to feeling overwhelmed by the content and volume.

Anyone else like to share their experiences?

Mark

Please don't worry, in terms of volume of knowledge you have probably picked the worst paper there is! With this paper just learn a few cases that illustrate each point of law,put them on flash cards and with question practice you find them coming up again and again. I always felt like that at the beginning of every paper but just relax and as you go through the course it becomes clearer.

Good luck
  • mark057
    Options
    Thanks BlueWednesday. Good advice I think. Just feel like a fish out of water when it comes to law.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Mark, I sat F4 in December 2009, and fortunately, passed first time! I remember feeling like you when I first started, but as BlueWednesday said, practice plenty of questions, and it will soon all start making sense. One advantage is that the F4 examiner, has been in the position for many years, so there are plenty of actual past exam questions available for revision practice.

How are you studying? I did distance learning with BPP, and found their revision course to be really helpful.

Good luck!!

Once you get to F5,F6 & F7, you may start to feel better as these papers feel like more of a progression from AAT. Especially F6 Tax which I am studying at the moment, so far it has been very similar to the AAT Personal/Business Tax papers I sat last year.
  • mark057
    Options
    Thanks for your post Richard.

I'm studying distance learning with BPP too.

Your advice is really useful because I have very little ACCA experience to draw from. You have put my mind at rest and I'm really going to throw everything at my study.
Privacy Policy