Pev

Options
sammyd22
sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Anyone currently studying for PEV?

That was very tricky last year i thought. Ive had to cover all the variances again on P1 Cima with the inclusion of "Mix & Yield". Ive found that Standard costing is a subject that, if you dont do it consistantly you forget it quite quickly as i have learned these past few weeks, however im now happy with all of it Now!

If anyone needs help with this let me know because last year when i was first learning it i needed all the help i could get and the feeling i got is that alot of students struggle with it, including myself last year.

Thanks

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    sammyd22 wrote: »
    Anyone currently studying for PEV?

That was very tricky last year i thought. Ive had to cover all the variances again on P1 Cima with the inclusion of "Mix & Yield". Ive found that Standard costing is a subject that, if you dont do it consistantly you forget it quite quickly as i have learned these past few weeks, however im now happy with all of it Now!

If anyone needs help with this let me know because last year when i was first learning it i needed all the help i could get and the feeling i got is that alot of students struggle with it, including myself last year.

Thanks

I'm studying PEV and now wish I hadn't taken ECR such a long time ago as I'm sure I've forgotten it all, having taken loads of other exams in the meantime.

It's really helpful that you have come on offering help; at the moment I'm trying to get back into studying, but I find it's always hard moving onto a new topic.

Thank you for your kind offer Sammyd22
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • sammyd22
    Options
    No Probs.
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Pev

Hi -

I am still struggling a bit with PCR and flex budgets and I missed the last class for it due to my son's parents nite at his school. Any tips on this one as well? I don't even want to think about PEV as I took that ages ago.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks for the offer Sammy, pretty sure there'll be plenty of us taking you up on it!
    Andrea.
  • sunshine2010
    sunshine2010 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Andypandy wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer Sammy, pretty sure there'll be plenty of us taking you up on it!
    Andrea.

yep great help as i am sitting pev in June and need all the help i can get !!
  • sammyd22
    Options
    tigger37 wrote: »
    Hi -

I am still struggling a bit with PCR and flex budgets and I missed the last class for it due to my son's parents nite at his school. Any tips on this one as well? I don't even want to think about PEV as I took that ages ago.

I did PCR in 2008, ill have a look at flexed budgets because i havent done them for a while, however they are quite straight forward when you get your head around them. You should find that Flexed Budgets are in section 2 of your exam and when i took the exam i actually started with section 2 and completed my flexed budget first because its quicker and easier to do. If i started with section 1 and didnt finish with enough time i would have lost alot of easy marks. That i think is a good exam tip on that paper, start with section 2 and then start with section 1 because should you not finish the paper you would have gained all of the easy marks in section 2, whereas section 1 is quite tricky and alot of people make errors in this section.

Ill get back to you on flexed budgets and see if i can extract some key things to remember.

Thanks
  • sammyd22
    Options
    tigger37 wrote: »
    Hi -

I have an old Dec 2007 question and solution spreadsheet i did on Section 2 of the PCR Exam.

Ive input the solutions and explanations on the figures used.

Let me know if you would like it and ill email it over?

Key things to remember with Flexed Budgets on PCR:

You use your Budgeted Selling Price per unit and Budgeted costs per unit of Materials, Labour etc and Multiply by the actual sales Qty to arrive at your flexed Budget figure.

You also include all fixed costs from your Budget for your Flexed Budget.

These are then compared with your actuals to give you a Favourable (Good) or Adverse (Bad) Variance.

Thanks

Thanks
  • salfordman
    salfordman Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Pcr

We sat PEV in December and I passed.

We have been doing our Audit and CMCC simulations from Decemeber till last week.

Just started PCR this week and I couldn't remember anything!!!!

Thankfully its the only paper I'm sitting in June.
  • sammyd22
    Options
    salfordman wrote: »
    We sat PEV in December and I passed.

We have been doing our Audit and CMCC simulations from Decemeber till last week.

Just started PCR this week and I couldn't remember anything!!!!

Thankfully its the only paper I'm sitting in June.

If you can pass PEV im sure you will have no probs with PCR although they are different. I think PEV is the hardest exam on AAT but then i prefer financial to costing.
  • confoosed
    confoosed Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Sammy. I'm doing my third resit for PEV in June. I have such a mental block I just can't remember the variances. It's the fixed overhead variances I'm struggling with most of all. Any tips?
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I remember the volume efficiency variance formula as 'stamped adressed envelope' & the volume capacity variance as 'ABC'. I do get some strange looks in class though...
    Andrea.
  • sammyd22
    Options
    confoosed wrote: »
    Hi Sammy. I'm doing my third resit for PEV in June. I have such a mental block I just can't remember the variances. It's the fixed overhead variances I'm struggling with most of all. Any tips?

Confoosed!

We CANNOT let you fail this paper again!!!

Drop me you email address and i will personally make sure you get your head around this subject!

Thanks
  • confoosed
    confoosed Registered Posts: 38 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Steven
    I sent you a personal message with my email address.
    Thanks for your offer of help
  • sammyd22
    Options
    confoosed wrote: »
    Steven
    I sent you a personal message with my email address.
    Thanks for your offer of help

Hi

I sent a spreadsheet yesterday or Thursday from work. Did you not get it? ill send it again Now!

Let me know if yu receive it.

Thanks
  • Emilie
    Emilie Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Help wanted please

Hi,

I am having trouble remembering things help would be much appreciated. emilielarkin@aol.co.uk

Thanks,

Emilie
  • sammyd22
    Options
    Emilie wrote: »
    Hi,

I am having trouble remembering things help would be much appreciated. emilielarkin@aol.co.uk

Thanks,

Emilie

I hope the spreadsheet helps, its best to get your head around the variances used on marginal first.

Let me know if you have any more trouble.
  • Brumi
    Brumi Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Pev

Hi, I'm sitting PEV for the third time in June (I thought I passed in Dec so it came as a shock to see that I failed both sections Last June i only failed one section) and any help would be appreciated. To think this is the only exam that is stopping me completing the Technician is making me scream but I wont let it beat me.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    PEV & PCR were by far the worst 2 exams i've sat.

Still got DFS & BTC to do but can't imagine they'll be any worse!
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    I have a number of revision weekends lined up between now and the June 2010 exams.

You may find that I can help. I've one lined up for Bristol on the 8th 9th May and the three weekends after that I'm in London.
    I've been approached with requests for Birmingham/Nottingham, but not had any confirmations yet, and similar requests in Glasgow.

Each day I organise has a small class and I charge £100 per person per day. The three weekends in London are organised by the AAT and are cheaper but have larger classes

Email me if you are interested

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy