FAO Lorry drivers

Options
PGM
PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
With fuel expected to hit 120p in April, (after the budget), I think we need the return of the lorry drivers to block the depots again!

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i remember a few years ago when the prices were due to go above 60p a litre, the whol country came to a standstill.

it needs to happen again - it is a disgrace
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    With fuel expected to hit 120p in April, (after the budget), I think we need the return of the lorry drivers to block the depots again!

Expected? Diesel already is here - well 119.9, so goodness what is will be by April, and I paid 1.24 for the premium , you'll get extra miles diesel yesterday!
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I paid for diesel last night and it was 117.9, i agree, something needs to be done about it, prices are shocking at moment. every day our petrol stations seem to be adding an extra few pence per litre
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I think i heard that the government is taking 60% of the price each one of us pays for fuel.

Thats nice.
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป

I read some where that the government has effectivly made it illegal for the truckers to protest, not quiet sure how i think it was some thing to do with revoking licenses.....

Im not that bothered about the Tax on fuel as we have to fund our silly government somehow, im bothered by the fact that Oil was $140 (ยฃ83 at 1.67) Dollar a Barrel and fuel was approx 1.06.... now Oil is $80 a Barrel (ยฃ53 at 1.5) Yet fuel is costing us more at the pumps...... ok you can see that Forex does come into play , but when the likes of shell and BP come out with annual reports stating "Record Profits" you can easily see why....
    But the governments aren't going to step in as they are creaming more taxation from Joe Public via the profits of the oil giants (well the ones registered for British CT)

Nice example of Triple Taxation...Duty...VAT.....Corporation Tax...

(Excuse my exchange rates they seem about right for the times)
  • sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I paid for diesel last night and it was 117.9, i agree, something needs to be done about it, prices are shocking at moment. every day our petrol stations seem to be adding an extra few pence per litre

I paid the same for Unleaded today. Its a disgrace! Its not like its cheaper to travel on trains either, well not for me and know one really wants to catch a Bus with people blasting out Mp3's all journey! and they are unreliable!
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I paid the same for Unleaded today. Its a disgrace! Its not like its cheaper to travel on trains either, well not for me and know one really wants to catch a Bus with people blasting out Mp3's all journey! and they are unreliable!

good point i work, 3 train rides from my house to work....which takes approx 1.5 hr and would cost a fortune....
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Now they've made drinking and smoking largely unaffordable for many people, I guess they're beginning to notice the huge holes appearing in their finances and have to screw us elsewhere?

Both sets of people pay more taxes and generally die earlier thus paying more to the country by the former and saving the country more by the latter. And the "burden to the NHS argument" is frankly bullshit as the prices are regularly increased well above inflation to (allegedly) cover the costs of their future healthcare which they may or may not be allowed to take up at some point despite (allegedly) having already paid for it.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Another thing that I wonder about is the 40p a mile taxable allowance. This has been the same rate for many years now. And most companies will stick to it as any increase is taxable and a load of hassle.

Is it part of one sinister scheme to keep us all at home were we can't bother anyone?! With the cost of fuel, beer, tobacco.....
Privacy Policy