Cima salary part qualified

sammyd22
sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Excuse me if this post has come before!

What salary would be typical for Greater London/London for:

Completion of Operations Level CIMA (Diploma in management accounting)?

and

Completion of Management Level (Advanced Diploma)?



Lets say with a year or 2 accounts assistant experience.

Comments

  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    you trying to make us all gelous :(
  • sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    A-Vic wrote: »
    you trying to make us all gelous :(

    im only doing my first 2 papers of operational im not that far into yet. I was just wondering what the going rate is for people at that level.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    sammyd22 wrote: »
    im only doing my first 2 papers of operational im not that far into yet. I was just wondering what the going rate is for people at that level.

    Am only kidding nice one for getting that far :)

    i often see simular postings for what am i worth once completed AAT posts but never a cima one
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i would suspect upwards of 25K
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 466 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hello,

    I am AAT Qualified (MAAT) and CIMA Part Qualified (Completed Managerial - currently on Strategic level) current salary £ 25,500 in Hampshire (Job Title: Accounts Supervisor - responsible for maintanance of all ledgers/production of Monthly Managment Accounts). Don't know if this helps but would be interested myself in others at a similar level, and what types of role they work in. I have 10 years experience of working in an Account position.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    crispy wrote: »
    Hello,

    I am AAT Qualified (MAAT) and CIMA Part Qualified (Completed Managerial - currently on Strategic level) current salary £ 25,500 in Hampshire (Job Title: Accounts Supervisor - responsible for maintanance of all ledgers/production of Monthly Managment Accounts). Don't know if this helps but would be interested myself in others at a similar level, and what types of role they work in. I have 10 years experience of working in an Account position.

    I think the experience is really bumping your salary up there as well.

    For part qualified in London with a years experience I'd have guessed at low 20's? But then again with the economy like it is its not an employees market! So maybe just below 20, tough times :(
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    have to agree its an employers market at the momment however will say a lady in college with me like myself two exams off AAT memebership works in industry and current salary 24k per annum ( am no were near hers)
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Erm.....im taking my first two CIMA exams in May, with 8 years Exp and im on 24....

    i didn't take into account the experience mentioned above, would probs drop down to 22500 ish imo.

    (btw not trying to gloat ), i was out of work for 4 months last year after being made redundant, and onyl really got my current role due to my avalibility to start within a week.
  • sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Am only kidding nice one for getting that far :)

    i often see simular postings for what am i worth once completed AAT posts but never a cima one

    I became AAT qualified in Aug 09 so basically these are my first 2 on CIMA as AAT exempts you from Certificate stage CIMA (ie.. the first 5 papers).

    Im not sure what to expect though because each stage completed is a new qualification foe ex..

    Certificate stage completion (5 x Papers) = Certificate in accounting (with AAT you are exempt).

    Operations Level (3 x Papers) - (Im doing my first 2 now)

    Management Level (3 x Papers) =Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting

    Strategic Level (3 x Papers) = Proffessional Competence Level

    Top CIMA Assessment = Qualified Member of CIMA
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 466 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    To Add:

    When I was studying cima managerial level at a local college my salary was I believe the lowest in the class - I was not the most inexperienced in the group either (I am 33). A friend of mine has a son who is working in London (outskirts - not central) and has part finished the managerial level - current salary of £ 28k pa.
  • sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    slackda wrote: »
    Erm.....im taking my first two CIMA exams in May, with 8 years Exp and im on 24....

    i didn't take into account the experience mentioned above, would probs drop down to 22500 ish imo.

    (btw not trying to gloat ), i was out of work for 4 months last year after being made redundant, and onyl really got my current role due to my avalibility to start within a week.

    What pepers you siting? im doing P1 & F1!

    Im on 23K now and thats because i pushed for a salary increase and got 2.5K! AAT qualified in the London/Surrey area i would expect people to be earning 22-26k, therefore:

    Operational i would say - 24-28

    Management level - 26-32k

    With 2/3 years exp of course. Would you all agree?

    Im from Bham but now live in Surrey greater London and Salaries are much better than back home so if your living up north these figures may seem over inflated.

    CRISPY... I agree with your figure to be around right.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sammy i take it you work in industry ?
  • sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Sammy i take it you work in industry ?

    Yeah i work for a Plc in Surrey!
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    E1 & P1 as advised by my tutor at bpp.....depsite the notices on the wall saying what your taking.

    industry ?FTW :P
  • sammyd22
    sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    slackda wrote: »
    E1 & P1 as advised by my tutor at bpp.....depsite the notices on the wall saying what your taking.

    industry ?FTW :P

    I work in the Water Industry just to be more specific!

    How you finding E1? thought i would leave that for Nov!
  • Luflux
    Luflux Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Not started E1 lessons yet at BPP, still waiting on the course material, ask me next week after my first lesson, from what my mates have said its a waffle paper, just get to know the terms and how to answer the questions and learn the book parot form.

    P1 is mostly a breeze as much of it was covered at AAT technician. :D

    My plan is E1, P1 then P2, and E2 then finish with both the F Papers
Privacy Policy