Help I've lost my Voice

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Anyone know a way to get my Voice back quickly! It's really tiring me out trying to talk although I'm trying not to talk much.

Tried Halls Soothers but they aint helping me.

Boo Hoo (feeling sorry for myself) :crying:

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    Anyone know a way to get my Voice back quickly! It's really tiring me out trying to talk although I'm trying not to talk much.

Tried Halls Soothers but they aint helping me.

Boo Hoo (feeling sorry for myself)

have you tried under the desk or in the draw? :lol:
  • jewels.p
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    have you tried under the desk or in the draw?

You know what miss smarty pants after I posted that I knew somebody (probably you) would say something like that! I even thought about editing it but didnt bother! :lol:
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Drink lots of warm drinks like tea or hot chocolate, but I can't remember if it was supposed to be hot or not...

Stop trying to talk for a while and just type or write everything? :)

I'm sorry it's been a while since it last happened to me and I don't really remember what else I used to try.
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    Drink lots of warm drinks like tea or hot chocolate, but I can't remember if it was supposed to be hot or not...

Stop trying to talk for a while and just type or write everything? :)

I'm sorry it's been a while since it last happened to me and I don't really remember what else I used to try.

Thanks Rinske. Just had a cup of Tea (didnt help) but not going to talk to anyone for the rest of the day (my other half will be glad)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Thanks Rinske. Just had a cup of Tea (didnt help) but not going to talk to anyone for the rest of the day (my other half will be glad)

sounds discusting either garggle TCP or disolvable asprin
  • jewels.p
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    sounds discusting either garggle TCP or disolvable asprin

Think I will try the Asprin one tonight!
  • Rinske
    Options
    Lost Voice Home Remedies
    Reducing the strain placed on the larynx is one of the best approaches to finding your voice once again. A handful of home remedies for a lost voice include:

a) Steam:
    Soothe your vocal cords by inhaling steam. An easy remedy is to breathe the steam that comes from a bowl filled with hot water. A hot shower is also pretty relaxing.

b) Moisten Your Throat:
    Keep your throat moist in an effort to combat your lost voice. Some people have found success by sucking on lozenges or chewing gum [2].

c) Limit Your Caffeine Intake:
    Since the caffeine found in coffee, tea, and cola drinks causes dehydration, it is suggested to limit your intake when you’ve lost your voice.

d) Pass on the Drink:
    Alcohol brings dehydrating effects to your throat, which can contribute to a long-term issue with your vocal cords. Bad news for coffee drinkers – your favorite beverage also causes dryness in the throat.

e) Humidifier:
    Since indoor heat removes moisture out of the air, using a humidifier or vaporizer can make room conditions much easier on the throat.

f) Dust:
    Ask someone to keep your living spaces free of dust, as this causes a room to become dry, which can worsen your throat problems.

g) Tea:
    Soothe throat irritation by drinking tea. An effective selection is ginger tea, as well as lemon selections. When it comes time to sweeten your tea, choose honey, which contains a natural antibacterial effect.

h) Water:
    Drinking between eight and ten glasses of water per day will keep your larynx moist. It is important to make sure that the water is warm or about room temperature – not overly hot or cold.

i) Quit Smoking and Avoid Smokers:
    Your throat will take twice as long healing if you are a smoker. Kick the habit and enjoy the wealth of health improvements that follow. Even secondhand smoke can hinder your healing process, so if you live with a smoker, kindly ask that they smoke away from you to give your larynx time to recuperate.

j) Cough Drops:
    Since keeping your throat moist can help with your healing process, people often suck on cough drops. Opt for honey or fruit-flavored selections instead of minty or methol brands that tend to dry out the throat.

k) Don’t Speak:
    It’s important to stay quiet while you’ve lost your voice. Talking strains your vocal cords and prolongs your road to recovery. And, whatever you do – don’t whisper. You probably never thought that whispering causes more stress on the vocal cords than a soft voice, but it does.

Stolen from http://www.grandmashomeremedies.com/home-remedies-for-a-lost-voice.html
    But I got no clue how reliable they are :(
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Go to the chemist and get a bottle of CHLORASEPTIC, it's a squirty spray that you spray onto the back of your throat. Its magic in a bottle! It's just shy of Β£5 a bottle though.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Rinske
    Options
    BTW I think I might have done enough work for this week and I am just slacking now.
    Maybe I should try and do some more, instead of reading the forums...
  • anniem
    Options
    It acts like a local anaesthetic.

I think Rinske's right though, you really shouldn't be talking ..... do you know any sign language?????

No, you horrible lot ..... the nice kind!
  • Rinske
    Options
    Ooh that reminds me, I only just found out last week if I point out two with my fingers, I keep my hands the wrong way around...

I didn't even know it was a rude gesture, till my colleague told me so...

Whoops :blushing:
  • anniem
    Options
    I'm laughing now. Think bladder control.
  • Rinske
    Options
    Actually I should just make sure you keep laughing now, so you got some nice embarrassing story for us as well.

I mean I've been in the UK for 2 1/2 year now, I kind of would expect to have found those things out before, but no.... Noone says anything and they just let me embarras myself! :blushing:
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Try two teaspoons of honey & some lemon juice in a mug of hot water. Get well soon.x
    Andrea.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Sorry Jewels i couldnt hear you ! .... LoL... (Sorry just had to)

I always find Lemsip powders or beechams capsules work really well....
  • anniem
    Options
    Quick post: Jewels.p is now very unwell!!!!!!

She tried all our remedies yesterday and has now been hospitalised with an overdose!

:lol:

PS. I am only joking (for those new to this forum!)
  • Rinske
    Options
    anniem wrote: Β»
    Quick post: Jewels.p is now very unwell!!!!!!

She tried all our remedies yesterday and has now been hospitalised with an overdose

Well, it wouldn't be surprising if it was true :lol:
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Oops!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Just been released. The Doctors advised me that I should not take any more medical advice from anyone on the forums as by the time I had taken all the suggested remedies I had severely overdosed on Honey, Lemons, Disposable Aspirins, Beechams, Salt Water etc. and although it didnt help in geting my voice back I was buzzing about the room (thinking I was a Bee), severely dehydrated with all the salt intake!

Good News is my voice came back! :thumbup:
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Just been released. The Doctors advised me that I should not take any more medical advice from anyone on the forums as by the time I had taken all the suggested remedies I had severely overdosed on Honey, Lemons, Disposable Aspirins, Beechams, Salt Water etc. and although it didnt help in geting my voice back I was buzzing about the room (thinking I was a Bee), severely dehydrated with all the salt intake!

Good news on the voice situation....

And now we have an insight into Jewels' future house parties - Techno on the stereo and huge supplies of beechams and disposable aspirin !
    BLOW YOUR WHISTLES !!!
  • anniem
    Options

See ....... we were all right!
  • Rinske
    Options
    So if we were right anyways, I am not sure why your doctor suggested not to take any more medical advice from us! :lol:
Privacy Policy