personal tax exam

Options
taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
evening all

thinking about doing this exam in june, where would i start looking for explanation of terms etc. my book is from 2004 and i suspect a whole load has changed since then. i have ordered a new book, but would like some pointers in the right direction

thanks in advance

Tracy

Comments

• Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Taskey

If you have been through BTC it is quite similar the PTC. I was reading the textbook is not so bad at all some of the tasks are similar to business tax.
  • taskey
    Options
    thanks lyn

no i have not done any tax exams at all. so it is all new to me

i am assuming the way to calculate things are still the same, it will be the percentages which change from year to year?

Tracy
  • Lyn32
    Options
    Hi Taskey

You don't have to worry much, its easier than business tax just follow those past exams paper which have been revised to reflect the changes FA2008 and the book its not even difficult to understand. Even though I am using Kaplan.

I am overwhelmed with mac textbook though so much into it. I am working so hard in this unit.

Good Luck you will be alright with this PTC unit!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    hey Lyn your not on your own when it comes down to MAC am having a nightmare with it nothings going in at all :(
  • Lyn32
    Options
    Hi Vic

Glad to heard it, that I am not alone, I am sitting on my desk trying my best. I can''t say that I understand what I'm doing but I can't relax myself either even though I have a bad cold.
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    the content are the same, just the income tax rate band and few other rates are difference! if you want , i could email you tax date 2009/10
  • taskey
    Options
    the content are the same, just the income tax rate band and few other rates are difference! if you want , i could email you tax date 2009/10

that would be really helpful, i have pm'd you my email address.

if you have anything that will help me, it would be gratefully received :)

Tracy
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    hi, tracy, i've just sent you a email, but it comes back as failed email address, could you email me meibaker@yahoo.co.uk thanks
  • taskey
    Options
    done, thanks
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Taskey,

I am hoping to do PTC in June but at the minute am snowed under trying to get the hang of DFS. I have had a look at the book but that is as far as I have got. Got so much to learn for DFS I am getting a bit freaked by everything! Are you doing any other exam in June or is it just PTC I think I've asked you this before but I can't remember?
  • taskey
    Options
    yes, i am also doing DFS. i am a bit fazed by DFS, i have downloaded steves book, he (bless him) is on stand by for me too.

i just seem to be reading all of the time, i have not attempted any exam papers yet, but just brushing up on past knowledge and learning the new terms.

i have just printed off a domino game to learn some of the IFRS's if you want, i can email it you too. not started looking at that yet, but looks quite good.

Tracy
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    yes, i am also doing DFS. i am a bit fazed by DFS, i have downloaded steves book, he (bless him) is on stand by for me too.

i just seem to be reading all of the time, i have not attempted any exam papers yet, but just brushing up on past knowledge and learning the new terms.

i have just printed off a domino game to learn some of the IFRS's if you want, i can email it you too. not started looking at that yet, but looks quite good.

Tracy

Ah I remember now you and me were begging Steve for help cause we cant get to any of his revision days!

I will PM you my email address if you wouldnt mind emailing me that game (sounds a lot more fun than trying to master Consolidated Accounts!)
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Taskey,

Im doing DFS and PTC same as you.

Could you please email me the domino game too?

Thanks.
  • taskey
    Options
    jow774 wrote: ยป
    Hi Taskey,

Im doing DFS and PTC same as you.

Could you please email me the domino game too?

Thanks.

pm your email addy and i will

:)
  • sunshine2010
    sunshine2010 Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi Taskey,

I am hoping to do PTC in June but at the minute am snowed under trying to get the hang of DFS. I have had a look at the book but that is as far as I have got. Got so much to learn for DFS I am getting a bit freaked by everything! Are you doing any other exam in June or is it just PTC I think I've asked you this before but I can't remember?

i sat ptc in dec and i think its one of the exams that once you know the rules it is quite straight forward so you should be fine i only studied it for about 8 weeks, dfs on the other hand nightmare ! ha
  • kel524uk
    kel524uk Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    hi Can i also have the same please

also where did u go to download steves book? was it for free??
  • taskey
    Options
    no it was not free, i paid ยฃ13 ish from http://www.accountancystudents.co.uk/ and it opened straight away as a pdf.

you have to become a member first though, which costs nothing. there are also some great forums there too

Tracy
Privacy Policy