PTC and BTC

Marky Astra
Marky Astra Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,

I was just wondering which of the two subjects PTC and BTC you prefer? I took my PTC exam in December 09 and passed section 2 but not section 1. Im now studying for BTC and taking the exam June 2010. Personally im finding that im understand Business Tax much more than personal tax. Im not sure if this is because i have already learnt some parts of the business tax so im not really learning anything new, such as share pools etc.

Fingers crossed my next lesson i wont be stuck now ive said this!!!

Marcus

Comments

• Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Sorry to hear about that, I took BTC in Dec and I am preparing to take PTC in June exams. In my experience is, it is worthed that I took the BTC first because it is a bit harder than PTC but in general very similar indeed.

Good luck to your lesson!
  • Claire321
    Claire321 Registered Posts: 209 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I took PTC & BTC in December and I found PTC the easier of the two, but that might be because I have experience of working in payroll and have had to complete my own personal tax return for a few years.
  • Marky Astra
    Marky Astra Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ye i really want my boss to start letting me have a look at tax returns and computations etc but he always says 'ye il get you started on that' but it never seems to happen. i think it would be a great help. Just like when i took FRA last year, because of working with trial balances etc nearly everyday i didnt find it that difficult compared to others
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi guys,

I think you are more privilege than me I did not work at all in the accounts I have try to apply for a job but no luck. I am working as a volunteer at the moment but I realise that a lot of us are studying in AAT or ACA working as a volunteer in the same company but I'm hoping by the end of this course, if I have a success in June then I am finish in AAT hoping to look for a job geared with my voluntary work experienced and AAT passer.
Privacy Policy