CIS - Gross Payment Status

columbia
columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi

Sorry to bother you all, but I am new to CIS. I have a couple of subcontractors who are Gross Payment Status - do I need to enter anything onto the CIS return, as obviously I have not made any deductions??

Sorry to ask such a silly question, but I would like to make sure I do it correctly.

Kind regards
Tracy

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    They should still be verified and therefore I would assume that you should enter all payments made to them, despite the fact that they are gross payment status and no tax is deducted.
  • columbia
    Thanks TC

It's just that I have a CIS version set up on Sage, and it does not produce anything for the Gross Payment Suppliers, I wanted to file online this month so if I do so it will ignore these subcontractors.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I would check that one with the CIS helpline then. It sounds like a Sage "blib", but maybe the CIS team don't need the information!!??
  • columbia
    Thanks TC

I did ring actually after you replied, the CIS helpline guy said I needed to include it, I tried to ring Sage but lost the will to live after being on hold for over 15 minutes, I'll try them again tomorrow.

Thanks

Tracy
Privacy Policy