Payroll software

Dottie
Dottie Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
I am consideringchanging my payroll software (currently using Iris) and wondered if anyone had used 12Pay and what they thought of it?

Dottie

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I love it!
    Used it for 2-3 years now and its BRILLIANT!!!!
    Easy to use, does what you need it to and the customer support is excellent.
    What more do you want? :)
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've used it for nearly a year and think it's fab (but never used anything else!), never had any problems and does eveything you want
  • MLS
    MLS Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Payroll software

I would recommend Moneysoft easy & friendly to use
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Ditto.
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Employers CD-rom for me! :D
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Dean wrote: »
    Employers CD-rom for me! :D

Is it advanced enough now to file online from the in-year P11 records?

I switched from the CD rom 2 years ago to 12Pay and never looked back!
  • Tiger
    Tiger Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Do you all have payroll qualifications or are you self taught...?

I work in practice and work with payroll only in so much as reconciling for the year end accounts. I get asked various question about the forms & procedures of payroll but I can rarely answer them as my knowledge is limited.

Its an area I should probably cover as part of my CPD...just not sure whether to pay the £600+ for a course or if its something I could self teach with the right books..?

Anyone have any suggestions on the way to go forward..books ?

Many Thanks
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Try your local HMRC office they offer free training, not sure how often or how much detail they go into but it may be start.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Tiger wrote: »
    Do you all have payroll qualifications or are you self taught...?

I would say learned from others whilst working in practice, rather than self-taught.

I think you would be better attending an AAT payroll course than forking out £600 plus to study for a payroll qualification. That combined with 'home-study' of the HMRC guidance should be sufficient to give you all the knowledge you need.

Free HMRC courses in this area are also fairly good. Much better than there other workshops which are somewhat bias to how they wish the legislation was written.
  • Wrenchie
    Wrenchie Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have to admit I am mainly self taught. I did do payroll in Foundation AAT many moons ago.
    I learn as I go along, if I don't understand something I look it up. I have found that the courses I have been on tell me far more than what I actually need to know and I forget it all quite quickly! I must point out though that my payroll clients are not very demanding, just day to day wages, year end, P45 etc.

I use MoneySoft and find it to be really good. It has CIS included whereas Sage charges extra for this.
  • Tiger
    Tiger Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks all for your replies.. I'm ok with the day to day stuff just the oddities smp, childcare credits etc etc I get caught out on.. I'll look at the HMRC training and get a good book I think... I could get quite a few for the £600 a course AAT payroll...cheers x
Privacy Policy