University

Options
Dipak Thanki
Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I was looking through the AAT website and was checking out the higher education part. It says, if you have completed Level 4 of AAT, you can go directly onto the second of "Accounting and Finance" degree and numerous different universities.

Hopefully once I have completed AAT, I will only be 19. So what would be better for me, to go on and study "Accounting and Finance" at university, or go straight onto ACCA?

Thanks!

Comments

• Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I was looking through the AAT website and was checking out the higher education part. It says, if you have completed Level 4 of AAT, you can go directly onto the second of "Accounting and Finance" degree and numerous different universities.

Hopefully once I have completed AAT, I will only be 19. So what would be better for me, to go on and study "Accounting and Finance" at university, or go straight onto ACCA?

Thanks!

Better for what purpose?

I did it and I'm not convinced it was worth it. Maybe it's just because of how hard the recession has hit graduate recruitment, but I'm really struggling to get even a halfway decent job post-graduation.

Do you want to go to university? If so, then do it.
  • Luflux
    Luflux Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Personally i would do ACCA.

Alot, if not all of the graduates that come are way end up doing ACCA or CIMA. So why not cut out the middle man? They do get some exemptions however (dependant on course).

If I remember correctly ACCA still offer exemptions for the Oxford Brookes degree, but not to sure what this entails. I would check out the ACCA site.
  • JaffasGirl
    JaffasGirl Registered Posts: 387 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    You can obtain a Bsc in Applied Accounting if you complete an extra unit (a project) whilst doing the ACCA. So you would get the both worlds. The only thing you are missing is the 'uni life' but on the other side of that, you would also not have the £25,000 plus debt at the end of your studying.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I'd do ACCA, but as a career-driven youngster might have been encouraged to go to uni because of the graduate opportunities with the big 4 & HMRC. They have some online recruitment tests you could try if thats the way you want to go.
Privacy Policy