Quickbooks vat question!!

NickyW
NickyW Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi there - I wonder if there is anyone out there who can help me? I have recently started a job using Quickbooks. I came to file the VAT return yesterday and the person who has done it before me has done it incorrectly and I am really unsure as to what to do. I am the only Accounts person working for the company and I have trawled the internet looking for help but unfortunately to no avail.
If there is anybody out there who can help would you mind sending me a pm?
Thank you
Nicky

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The good thing with Quickbooks is that you can change old entries. Have you tried working your way thorugh the quarter and altering the incorrect information?
  • NickyW
    NickyW Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    The first problem I have is that the person who did the VAT return before did the reports untill 29th January instead of 31st December and then did not post the return through Quickbooks. I therefore want to post 2 returns on Quickbooks - 1 for period 1/10/09 - 29/1/10 and the second from 30/1/10 - 31/3/10. How do I do this on QB as the default dates are end of Dec and end of Mar.
    Any help would be gratefully received!!!
    Regards Nicky
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Have you thought of ending that Quickbooks and starting a fresh company. You can then start with new dates, new totals etc. You should be able to start a new company on the same software and leave the previous data in place. I wouldn't try to rectify the past! It might take a little time to get your head around it, but at least you know everything will be right!
Privacy Policy