SA Authorisation online

Rachel
Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Is there a delay in entering the authorisation code from clients to them becoming clients on the list online.

I entered several last week and they haven't appeared as authorised. However, previously I thought it was instant.

Has anyone experience this?

Is there a number to call?

Thanks

Comments

• Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    SA Authorisation

Hi Rachel

Usually appears within 24 hours.

Ring the CAA Team on 0845 9158 582 if you are listed as agent at their end they'll probably tell you to contact online services on 0845 6055 999 and explain the situation again but it will get done.

Hope this helps.
  • Rachel
    Thank you that is what I thought! Thanks for the numbers I looked for them last night but couldn't find them anywhere.

This is so annoying especially as I entered codes for sveral last week and they have just vanished
  • Rachel
    They have appeared this morning so that is about 5 day delay
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I have found that it is usually quicker to do it the old-fashioned way and send off a 64-8! Daft I know, but it works every time!
  • Psyche
    Psyche Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    TC: I reached the same conclusion but then I noticed the clients I authorised via 64-8s weren't appearing on my online authorised clients list. When I called HMRC they told me that 64-8s are not valid to authorise for *online* filing, just for dealing with them over the phone! So it seems you have to do it both ways. Sucks eh, because yes, the whole "we'll post you a code and then you enter it and then you can act online for your client" Really Doesn't Work Very Well.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    It would make life ten times easier if they would let you for VAT
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    VAT is the quickest one to set up!

Set the client up with a Government Gateway account and appoint yourself immediately as agent. No client involvement, no waiting for authorisation codes, client appears on your list straight away. I wish 64-8s were so easy.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Psyche - I think that told you wrong. I am still sending authorisations in by manual 64-8 forms and have no problems with the online side of things. They appear within a couple of weeks or so and I can get immediate online access. Not sure what that HMRC agent was talking about!!??!
Privacy Policy