Ptc/btc past papers tax year 2009/10

Options
mikey180000
mikey180000 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
HI,

I spoke to the AAT today and sked whether they had any past exam papers for Business & Personal tax that reflect the new 2009/10 tax year changes. In preparation for the June exam I always like to revise a good few past papers, is it worth practicing the past papers on the website as it can be confusing because they do not reflect the current tax year we are studying?

Does anyone know where you can get AAT past exam papers that have been ammended to reflect the 2009/10 tax for PTC or BTC?

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    HI,

I spoke to the AAT today and sked whether they had any past exam papers for Business & Personal tax that reflect the new 2009/10 tax year changes. In preparation for the June exam I always like to revise a good few past papers, is it worth practicing the past papers on the website as it can be confusing because they do not reflect the current tax year we are studying?

Does anyone know where you can get AAT past exam papers that have been ammended to reflect the 2009/10 tax for PTC or BTC?

Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Have you tried the BPP or Kaplin sites ?
  • meibaker
    meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    me too, find it very annoyed be honest as it makes me more confused. i stopped after doing few exams on business tax!
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm studying ACCA F6 Tax with BPP. They have published a Revision Kit with amended past paper questions in it. Have a look on their website to see if they do the same for AAT.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    What is the differences. Is is just the amounts? I am sitting PTC in June and thought the only differences were the rate amounts from year to year. Am I missing something?
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    June 2009 ptc past paper help

I am working through a past paper and it says that a music system costing £4800 was provided to employee from 1/6/07 and on 1/10/08 it was bought for £1000. I understand that you take £4800 - (4800* 20% * 16 mths ) less £1000 but the answer adds back 6 mths of £480 and I just do not understand why this would be. Can someone please explain how the ansser of £3000 is calculated rather than £2520 which I work out.
    thank you
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I have taken/passed both papers and studied using past papers from 3 or 4 previous years with all the old rates.

I actually think it's quite useful to go through with all the old rates; it makes you actually look at what you're doing and read it all properly.

All the rates in use relevant to the paper are printed on the first page.

Obviously if you're affected by a legislation change like AIA it can have an impact, but quite honestly give the old papers a try - it phased me at first, but having conquered my phobia I believe that the experience of using the different figures was a boost when it came to the exam.

Be confident and have a bash!

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
Privacy Policy