What next??

Options
seancoleby
seancoleby Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
Hi guys, have just passed unit 31 and 30 so am now officially moving onto advanced certificate. My material came through this morning and i am very undecided what order to tackle them.

I have unit 5, 6, 15 and 32.

What do you guys think was the hardest and how long should each take (i take it some units will take longer than others)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Comments

• Dipak Thanki
    Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'd do Unit 6, its a good unit to get out of the way.

Good Luck! I only have unit 5 to complete and then I'm onto Level 4:D

Dipak
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Dipak

What did you think of unit 7? That is next for me to do after my unit 6 CBE.

Jennie
  • Dipak Thanki
    Options
    Hi Dipak

What did you think of unit 7? That is next for me to do after my unit 6 CBE.

Jennie

Unit 7? Which one is that? If it's in tech level then I haven't started that yet.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Unit 7 is my last unit before completing Intermediate, I've gone through it and I'm finding it hard to get the motivation to get it done to be honest....doesn't help that my Technician Level books came through today....

Unit 5 FRA, is a lot of double entry, if you did Foundation Level it builds on this...
    Unit 6 ECR costings, lots of mathematic techniques and formulae...
    Unit 7 PRAR VAT, Index figures and something else I can't quite remember...

It depends what you feel happier doing to be honest...I did them in unit order just because it got the two exams out of the way...

Good luck!

~Mouse x
  • Dipak Thanki
    Options
    I am doing diploma pathway, so maybe it is different.
  • GreenMousey
    GreenMousey Registered Posts: 154 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I am doing diploma pathway, so maybe it is different.

Yeah, I'm NVQ and I think they have some different units...

Have you decided on your options for Technician yet? I went for personal & business Tax
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    seancoleby wrote: »
    Hi guys, have just passed unit 31 and 30 so am now officially moving onto advanced certificate. My material came through this morning and i am very undecided what order to tackle them.

I have unit 5, 6, 15 and 32.

What do you guys think was the hardest and how long should each take (i take it some units will take longer than others)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

I read somewhere that AAT has advised the AAT course providers not to enroll anybody on the current AAT courses after 1st of May. I think it was bpp website. I tried to find that particulay quote but was not sucessful.

The 2003 standard comes to an end on 30th June 2010, Both the Diploma and NVQ. If you have sucessfully completed any level of AAT you can progress on the the next level under the new 2010 standards.

If you haven't completed your current level, you have june 2011 to complete it. It means that you have next 3 exam sittings (or as many as you want via CBE) to complete it.

After June 2011 only qualifications at AAT Intermediate/certificate and AAT Technician/Diploma level will be able to get some exemption to convert to the new standards.

If you want to start the Intermediate/Certificate Level, the safe bet is either Unit 5 or Unit 6. Preferably unit 5 because this unit will be split into 2 separate units and 2 sets of external exams.

You are unlikely to get exemptions for Unit 7 (NVQ) or unit 32. Both of these units are replaced with completly new units.

Unit 15 will be split into 2 units. one at Level 3 and other at Level 4. I am not sure how the exemptions for this unit will be granted.
  • Dipak Thanki
    Options
    At Level 4, I am thinking of doing personal tax and auditing.

I might do personal and business tax, If I can sit them via CBE, because I'm going to be going to University for the next three years after next, before starting ACCA!
Privacy Policy