P35, P45 & P60's

Rachey
Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
Hello all,

Scenario: Sole trader (not vat registered) has two part time staff earning less than £90 each per week. Nothing is electronic in the company and the wages are paid cash- nothing dodgy, everything is recorded.

Does the employer need to provide P60's???? Also, I am filling out the P35 and P38s for this year due to the one week where she paid HMRC. However, next year she wont need to pay them a single thing. So can I/she not bother with the year end stuff because the staff earn less than the LEL???

Basically, I'm stumped what she actually needs to legally do with regards to the P forms.

Thankyou everybody!!!!! Especially those that answer me........ LOL.

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Rachey try here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/paye/payroll/year-end/annual-return.htm

If you haven't had to maintain at least one form P11 during the tax year
    In this case you don't need to complete an Employer Annual Return but you do need to tell HMRC that you won’t be sending one in. To find out how to do this, read the later section ‘Notifying HMRC if you have no Employer Annual Return to make’
  • A-Vic
    Notifying HMRC if you have no Employer Annual Return to make
    If you haven’t had to maintain any form P11s during the tax year you don’t need to complete an Employer Annual Return – but you do need to tell HMRC that you won’t be completing one. If you don’t, they may send you unnecessary reminders or penalty notices.

How to notify HMRC
    You can let HMRC know either:

•online using the links below (recommended)
    •by writing to or telephoning HMRC
    Information you’ll need to provide
    Whichever method you use to contact HMRC, you’ll need to provide the following information.

If you’re an employer:

•your employer PAYE reference (you'll also find this in your P30BC payslip booklet)
    •your contact details - name, telephone number and email address
    •confirmation either that you will be sending in a form P11D(b) by 6 July or that no form P11D(b) is due (you normally make this declaration on the Employer Annual Return)
    For information about how and when to complete a form P11D(b), follow the link at the end of this section.

If you’re an agent:

•your PAYE Agent reference
    •your contact details
    •for each client their employer PAYE reference
    •confirmation either that you will be sending in a form P11D(b) by 6 July or that no form P11D(b) is due (you normally make this declaration on the Employer Annual Return)
    Agents wishing to notify online must be registered for the PAYE Online Service for agents.
  • Rachey
    I knew I could rely on you.....

I'll probably need give them a ring though, just to confirm what is legally required and what is optional. Last year I filled out a P35 as NIL and wrote NIL about a hundred times through it. Surely I didnt need to do that!!!

Cheers A-Vic xx
  • A-Vic
    Thats the thing tho this year you cant file a paper return make my life a bit of a nightmare but a few letters will cover it, plus i use a really good payroll software that includes end of year filing so can even file a nil :)
  • Rachey
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Thats the thing tho this year you cant file a paper return make my life a bit of a nightmare but a few letters will cover it, plus i use a really good payroll software that includes end of year filing so can even file a nil :)

What I would love to do for her is to sort her out an electronic system so she can pay her employees and can do all the P forms for her. But this isnt my 9-5 job and I'm not a MIP or anything so it'll not be worth my/her while putting any money into a Payoll package I dont think.
  • A-Vic
    Rachey wrote: »
    What I would love to do for her is to sort her out an electronic system so she can pay her employees and can do all the P forms for her. But this isnt my 9-5 job and I'm not a MIP or anything so it'll not be worth my/her while putting any money into a Payoll package I dont think.

Yeah there are a few packages out there fairly cheap but from what you said as long as they keep a record of what they pay and as long as they stick to minimum wage regulations there wouldnt be a problem
  • Rachey
    Do you know of anything very cost effective that would do the job that I can research? Like I said before, it's not like it's for a few companies or anything. It's just for a family member.
  • A-Vic
    this is the one i use at work

http://www.thesaurussoftware.co.uk/PayrollManager.aspx

Also as promised AIA/FYA document complete PM your email ive managed to loose it and i'll send it over it wont let me add it here
  • tiffany
    tiffany Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    HMRC have there own payroll cd-rom thats free you get it when you first register for PAYE not sure how to get it if you are already registered but from that I am sure you can print and file all the P forms for free...
  • Rachey
    tiffany wrote: »
    HMRC have there own payroll cd-rom thats free you get it when you first register for PAYE not sure how to get it if you are already registered but from that I am sure you can print and file all the P forms for free...

Thankyou, ill give them a call.
Privacy Policy