Unit 5 Fresh Produce

emma123
emma123 Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi everyone!

I’m new to this forum. I am studying for the Advanced Certificate. FRA is my first module. I am stuck on a question in the Fresh Produce practice test and would like some clarification with it.

Original cost of the vehicle in 2001 - £8000

Part – exchange allowance - £2000

I have worked out the provision for depreciation to be £4625?

I got a figure of £1375 for a loss on disposal?

However, it asks to calculate the cost of the replacement vehicle and this is where I am stuck. In the bank account, it shows a credit of £7500 for the purchase of the replacement vehicle. I have worked the cost out to be £9500 but I think this figure is wrong?

Hope someone can help me with this as I am very confused

Comments

• sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    emma123 wrote: »

However, it asks to calculate the cost of the replacement vehicle and this is where I am stuck. In the bank account, it shows a credit of £7500 for the purchase of the replacement vehicle. I have worked the cost out to be £9500 but I think this figure is wrong?

No your figure is not wrong.

Replacement cost is £9500

£7,500 paid by cheques and £2,000 value of the old vechicle in part exchange.
  • emma123
    Thank you :)
  • bubs
    bubs Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    emma123 wrote: »
    Thank you :)
    Hi Emma

I'm kinda new to this site and wondered how I can access the practice test. I am currently revising FRA distance learning and so I'm trying to do as much practice papers as I can. I know how to access the past exam papers but I wondered what you meant by practice test?

Thanks
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    I studied unit 5 with Kaplan by distance learning and they give you practice tests as part of the course. This might be what Emma was refering to. They are not available online from the aat as they are a component of a education providers course content.
  • bubs
    Hi Jo

I thought you might be interested. Another forum member sent me this link https://www.aat.org.uk/content/item18267/ so there is a pratice paper on AAT.

Bubs
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    bubs wrote: »
    Hi Jo

I thought you might be interested. Another forum member sent me this link https://www.aat.org.uk/content/item18267/ so there is a pratice paper on AAT.

Bubs

Aww thanks bubs, ive already passed my FRA and ECR and am doing Technician level. Hopefully some other students will be able to make use of your helpful link.
  • emma123
    Hi Emma

I'm kinda new to this site and wondered how I can access the practice test. I am currently revising FRA distance learning and so I'm trying to do as much practice papers as I can. I know how to access the past exam papers but I wondered what you meant by practice test?

Thanks

Hi bubs

I'm studying distance learning too with premier training so I got the practice test through them! How are you finding the course? I'm revising FRA at the moment too. Revising stock valuations today!
  • bubs
    Hi Emma

I'm studying with Kaplan Distance Learning. I'm going through it slowly but steadily. I'm at the revision stage of Unit 5 trying to work through many exam papers but working full time and involved with other committments leaves not as much time as I would like to study.

I would like to sit the exam late June early July. I enjoy studying distance learning rather than classroom based. I think it makes me more responsibile for finding out why something doesn't work rather than just assuming. How are you finding it?

Bubs
  • emma123
    Hi Emma

I'm studying with Kaplan Distance Learning. I'm going through it slowly but steadily. I'm at the revision stage of Unit 5 trying to work through many exam papers but working full time and involved with other committments leaves not as much time as I would like to study.

I would like to sit the exam late June early July. I enjoy studying distance learning rather than classroom based. I think it makes me more responsibile for finding out why something doesn't work rather than just assuming. How are you finding it?

Bubs

I'm enjoying it but sometimes find it hard to motivate myself to study. I draw out plans though to keep me on track and it's good having goals to aim for. Like you I'm going through the course slowly but steadily. I'm doing my FRA exam in a few weeks. Eeeek!
Privacy Policy