Fra

Shell B
Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello

Am just revising for my financial exam, and was just wondering how other people had found this exam so far, and do you have any tips.

Thanks

Shell B

Comments

• nodgers1
    nodgers1 Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Shell B

are you doing the CBE or paper based exam? i did my FRA CBE last month and found it very similar to the practice one on the AAT website. i also found it took less time to complete than the paper based exam, i finshed mine in just over an hr.

good luck
  • keane155
    keane155 Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm glad to hear that the CBA for FRA is very similar to the practice one, I'm doing mine tomorrow.
  • Shell B
    Shell B Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hello

Am doing the CBE online. I have done the costing and passed which i am glad about as i struggled with costing but just wondered about the FRA.

Am just working my way through all the paper based papers now so hopefully that will put me in good stead for the actual thing.

Did you learn all the lay out for the profit and loss and balance sheet???? was just wondering as i know they have the dragging of words and things dont they, so its a possibility that they could catch you out if you dont know the layout.

Good Luck for tomorrow, let us know how you get on

Shell B
  • keane155
    Hi,

Thanks, I will let you know what the exam is like.

I have learnt the layout of the P&L and balance sheet, our tutor told us to learn it earlier in the year.

I just want to get the exam done now - hopefully it will go ok, and I suppose it is better than having to wait for months for the results,

Emma
  • nodgers1
    in my FRA CBE, there was a P& L account, the layout was just like the practice CBE online, you just have to choose the right account names from the drop down boxes. i didnt have to do a balance sheet
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Shell B,

Just a quick message to say good luck! I have just started the AAT and I am currently working my way through this module, please let me know how you got on!

Amy
  • keane155
    I did my FRA CBA tonight, it took two hours. I went back to check through everything though, and found that I had transposed some figures and made some silly mistakes so it is probably worth double checking everything.

It was just like the practice one, but I got a balance sheet on mine, with the partners capital and current accounts on. I had been practicing past papers and checking the answers online most of the day, and our exam wasn't until 5pm, so I found it quite hard to concentrate. We find out our results tomorrow - hopefully it will have gone well!!
  • bubs
    bubs Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Nodgers1

Could you tell me how I can access the practice test for the FRA on AAT webiste?

Thanks
  • nodgers1
    Hi Bubs

follow this link

https://www.aat.org.uk/content/item18267/

it has a list of all the practice CBE exams
  • bubs
    bubs Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks nodgers1
Privacy Policy