Dormant Accounts

Moobag Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
Wonder if I can get some advise

I have a new client who has come to me with his accounts.

He has had a dormant company for a couple of years and had planned to start trading in Sept 10.

His accounts were late and they had started proceedings to strike the company off. He asked me to send in the accounts which I did. However he has now been given a £750.00 fine which he says he cannot pay.

He has been through a tough time recently as he has been divorced and in and out of hospital and it has just got on top of him.

I am unsure of what to do next, I wonder if it would have been better to have just let the company be struck off and start a new company.

I looked on the website to see if I would e able to appeal but it looks pretty stricked so not sure that is the route to go.

Any advise greatly appreciated.


  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Complete form DS01, pay £10 and strike the company off yourself.
    No fine payable.

    Make sure you get your fees up front though!

    For future reference, the late filing of accounts penalty is triggered by the filing of the accounts, not by the due date going past.

    Edit: no chance of appealing, you are right they are very strict.
  • Moobag
    Moobag Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks for that.

    What will happen though if he wants to open up another company in the future? Will they put 2 and 2 together and pass the fines on?
Privacy Policy