PTC Share Pool Calculations

Options
Tinkerbell007
Tinkerbell007 Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
Hope someone can help!

I'm getting really confused about matching disposals of shares against acquisitions and then the share pool - I can't quite get my head round the matching of shares acquired in the following 30 days on a FIFO basis and the example in my book isn't very clear - can someone explain this in really straightforward terms for me? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Terdoo
    Terdoo Registered Posts: 144 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Re PTC

is this suppose to be business tax or personal tax if so what book are you looking at?
  • Tinkerbell007
    Options
    Hi Terdoo

It's personal tax and the book I have is the BPP one (page 92) - I can't see how they have got the figure of £27,733 for the disposal cost on 5th June 2009
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    if you post the question i will have a look as i am studying business tax too and it will help me.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi Terdoo

It's personal tax and the book I have is the BPP one (page 92) - I can't see how they have got the figure of £27,733 for the disposal cost on 5th June 2009

i struggled on this and phoned bpp

the answer is after the acquisition you should have 15000 shares costing £32000

you divide the 32000 by 15000 the multiply by the (13000). this then gives you (27333)

i have used an applied this method tho the next few questions in the book and it works, i could not see it for the life of me either.

Tracy
  • Tinkerbell007
    Options
    Hi Taskey

Thanks for the reply - going to re-look at it tonight so fingers crossed all should now all make sense!! :)

Hope your revision is going well - not long to go now!!
Privacy Policy