Mortgage Application - Virgin

BHB
BHB Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
Last September I did an income and expenditure statement and the p & l account for the first 6 months of the year for my driving instructor, for which I received no payment. She has apparently (recently) given this to Virgin for the puropses of obtaining a mortgage (she's going through a divorce and her husbands solicitors want the finances sorted by 14th june). She has now asked me to do the 2nd half of the year as Virgin have asked for a full years accounts. The only problem is that they have asked for the name of her accountants. I have not registered as yet as a member in practice because I don't know if it is worth my while without clients. If I now put this into process can I sign for a mortgage application.

BHB

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I wouldn't have thought so, because you are not a member in practice, so presumably you are not licensed or insured??!!
  • BHB
    BHB Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    What i was actually asking was, can a member in practice (registered and insured) sign a mortgage application. I would do this if it would help in this case.

BHB
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I think you have been very wise not to take payment from this person!!!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Most banks will accept a MAAT as signatory for accounts for a mortgage. Some banks do not. Virgin will be underwritten by someone else, best to find out who, as they may or may not accept MAAT - some (like Santander) only accept Chartereds.
Privacy Policy