Checking the cashflow

Options
Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi I have read on a previous thread that you can check your cashflow statement back to the accounts to make sure its correct, does anyone know the formula for this as I thought I had this part mastered but after taking a few past papers I am getting abit confused, any help would be appreciated? thanks

Comments

Newbie Registered Posts: 229 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Stress

Hi just wanted to say im starting to get stressed on DFS as I know whats required but cant seem to remember certain aspects, how are other people feeling?
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Newbie wrote: »
    Hi I have read on a previous thread that you can check your cashflow statement back to the accounts to make sure its correct, does anyone know the formula for this as I thought I had this part mastered but after taking a few past papers I am getting abit confused, any help would be appreciated? thanks

The difference between you opening balance cash/overdraft and closing balance.

2008 (£200)
    2009 £150

Cash flow should be £350

Pretty easy example but there you go!!
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Your cashflow statement should come back to the cash or cash equivelants total on the statement of financial position, is this what you mean?
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I read somewhere when doing Cash Flows enter the opening and closing balances first which you get from SOFP then do your calculations. I have been using this method and it helps when trying to get it to balance. Don't know if that is any help to you.
Privacy Policy