Study Leave

Options
A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Advise needed am looking to take 3 more study days next week i only have two days but would really need the whole week what arguments could i use and how would approach an unaproachable boss about this???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Are you all up together on your workload?

Could you take some holiday time?

Unapproachable bosses are a bit unpredictable unfortunately, quite often it's just a case of choosing a good moment - problem is sometimes there isn't a good moment!

Good luck in plucking up courage to ask!
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    You are lucky I don't get any study leave. I am expected to do it all in my own time!
  • SLM
    SLM Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Same here - no study leave for me either. Been quite lucky though in that it has been quite quiet in the office the past few weeks so I have had the opportunity to do coursework here.
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I only get to study in the evenings and weekends. I work full time, have a family and a distant learner!! - Good luck with getting leave, I personally would just approach them and ask for non paid holiday and they can only say no and then it is evenings and weekends like me!! good luck
  • A-Vic
    Options
    i really hate having to ask for anything but will take them as holiday if needed office meeting in ten gtg wish me luck
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Good luck!

I got 1 day per exam for study leave and the time of the exam. The funny part is the one day study leave is only for the day before the exam. I would have liked some flexibility, but am quite happy they actually gave me something.

Just a shame they did decide the skill tests were not classified as exams, so I didn't get studyleave for those.
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Yes I get one day for each exam but has I have 4 exams still doesnt seem enough.
    Good Luck everyone.
  • jewels.p
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    i really hate having to ask for anything but will take them as holiday if needed office meeting in ten gtg wish me luck

How'd it go Vic?
  • anniem
    Options
    It's taking some time to negotiate, isn't it?

What you been doing in there Vic????? :lol:

(I hope it hasn't resorted to 'favours for the boss' !!!)
  • Rinske
    Options
    anniem wrote: Β»
    It's taking some time to negotiate, isn't it?

What you been doing in there Vic????? :lol:

(I hope it hasn't resorted to 'favours for the boss' !!!)
    You and your dirty mind...

Anyways, curious as well, any news yet Vic?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    a whole week i got my manager to ask am a chicken :) but dont know if she gave favours for it as she is also taking a week for her last ACCA exam lol
  • *Jo
    *Jo Registered Posts: 509 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    A whole week! I am so in the wrong job. I even have to use my holidays for exams. Study in own time too, no chance at work.

Congrats on getting it though and good luck for the exams :)
  • anniem
    Options
    I'm glad you got a week off - you should get loads of studying done.

Good news - well done and thank you to your manager too, I'm sure!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    You've got no excuse now Vic you are definitely gonna pass!...................just wish I could say the same!:sad:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    After reading your posts on the revision threads i know you will be fine :) you all know your stuff, as for me i really need to get my head down but fingers crossed eh
  • anniem
    Options
    After reading your posts on the revision threads i know you will be fine you all know your stuff, as for me i really need to get my head down but fingers crossed eh

Yeah right, I feel like I know nothing about anything at the moment. It's half term and the boys are sending me bonkers!!!!!

Roll on next week - sod work - I'm studying too. Thankfully my boss is my husband - but no favours there; I need permission from my hip surgeon before I can have sex again, and I don't see the hip surgeon until 28th June - still, more time for studying I suppose! :lol:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Yeah right, I feel like I know nothing about anything at the moment. It's half term and the boys are sending me bonkers!!!!!

Roll on next week - sod work - I'm studying too. Thankfully my boss is my husband - but no favours there; I need permission from my hip surgeon before I can have sex again, and I don't see the hip surgeon until 28th June - still, more time for studying I suppose!

what you giving the surgen favours instead :lol:
  • jewels.p
    Options

Roll on next week - sod work - I'm studying too. Thankfully my boss is my husband - but no favours there; I need permission from my hip surgeon before I can have sex again, and I don't see the hip surgeon until 28th June - still, more time for studying I suppose!

We all know what you're doing on the 29th June then!.............we won't expect to hear from you that day!:lol:
  • anniem
    Options
    what you giving the surgen favours instead :lol:

OMG you've met him too ..... he's very lovely, isn't he!!! You can see why I'm smitten - unfortunately it's only in my imagination, yes, he's seen me naked, but only under general anaesthetic whilst he put the 13" shark bite impression on my left buttock - sadly the only thing inserted was a cobalt chromium hip joint, and besides I was out of it and would have missed anything else!

Never mind, one day I'll have a flexible hip again, just at the moment I've got to be really careful that it doesn't pop out of its socket until the muscles rebuild.
  • anniem
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: Β»
    We all know what you're doing on the 29th June then!.............we won't expect to hear from you that day!:lol:

Do you think it would take all day Julie??? Perhaps, but after 18 years together I very much doubt it!
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    a whole week i got my manager to ask am a chicken :) but dont know if she gave favours for it as she is also taking a week for her last ACCA exam lol
    I've never asked for study leave and feel a bit cheeky asking for it as I have taken days off recently for our mock exams at school and sometimes classes such as when unit 10,started. I now have a PEV mock on Monday (lord help me) and the the real deals the folowing week. I am half tempted to ask foe at least a few days off as it is so slow in my job due to site being closed and my manager being based in a different site, I might just get away with it...lol sneaky isn't it, when you just stick it on the calendar as study leave and don't tell anyone...lol
  • A-Vic
    Options
    that was my thinking too thats why i only orginally asked for 2 days but after speaking to my manager she said he will be the one better off when i pass and its not as if ive had day reliese or anything as a matter of fact ive matched ever hour at college at work the last three years and like loriel am worth it lol

Yiks that an extra 7 hours a week for 3 years at 32 weeks = Β£5376 ive saved him on average too right i want a week off

P.S costing gone to the brain lol
  • Rinske
    Options
    Do you think it would take all day Julie??? Perhaps, but after 18 years together I very much doubt it!
    Oke, so when you are away for 5 minutes, we know where you are...
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Rinske wrote: Β»
    Oke, so when you are away for 5 minutes, we know where you are...

wow time for a coffee too :lol:
  • anniem
    Options
    wow time for a coffee too :lol:

Coffee and a long chat afterwards actually!
Privacy Policy