Cima exams

Options
sammyd22
sammyd22 Registered Posts: 207 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Did any ex AAT students take CIMA exams last week?

I took P1 & F1 and i must say, P1 in particular was difficult as there was a question on Investment Appraisal in section C which which included an investment which would affect a seperate function of the Entity. I have never covered an Investment appraisal question in so much detail.

F1 asked us to prepare (in Section C Part A) a Statement of comprehensive income, Changes in equity & Statement of Financial Position. In section C part B they asked us to prepare a cosolidated Statement of Financial Position & Comprehensive Income. Overall a very busy paper which caused many people not to finish from what i could see around me. Luckily i did finish both but whether i passed or failed could go either way.

One thing is for sure, nothing balanced but then i dont think that is the end of the world!

Roll on July 15th for results.

Anyone else take trhese papers?

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    good luck sammy :)
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    "One thing is for sure, nothing balanced but then i dont think that is the end of the world! "
    In true CIMA style:) Best of luck Sammy!
  • sammyd22
    Options
    Thanks and fingers crossed!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    If it's any consolation in my exams I never once managed to balance any consolidated accounts and I still got through! Just about managed the published accounts but not consolidated ones!
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I hope you don't mind me asking but, if you take Cima:

1. are there any exemptions granted for already having AAT?
    2. are there any practising restrictions during studying or upon completion of Cima?
    3. is there an ongoing work experience requirement?

I'm sure that I could probably find the answers if I trawled through the site, but am quite busy with half term/revising at the moment and I'm sure someone knows the answers without trawling websites!

Thanks

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 466 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hello,

If you have completed AAT you will be exempt from the certificate level and can start on the operational level, however there is a fee involved. Do not know to much about any practicing restrictions but I believe they are less stringent then ACCA, there is a work experience log that you will need to be completed in order to become a full member (ACMA) I think this is is 3 years you can check full details on the CIMA website.

To original poster, I did not take any exams this session but if it's of any help I didn't get my balance sheet to balance either when doing this exam. Im sure if you had time you could construct a perfect answer, but that's the difference with these exams over AAT- you just do not have the time, if you waste to much time trying to find a difference you risk missing picking up other marks.
  • sammyd22
    Options
    anniem wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind me asking but, if you take Cima:

1. are there any exemptions granted for already having AAT?
    2. are there any practising restrictions during studying or upon completion of Cima?
    3. is there an ongoing work experience requirement?

I'm sure that I could probably find the answers if I trawled through the site, but am quite busy with half term/revising at the moment and I'm sure someone knows the answers without trawling websites!

Thanks

Anna

It has been a big step going into CIMA and it seems that you have more to do with less time! Hopefully i have passed but it will be close!

Exemptions for CIMA are £45 per paper and with AAT you are exempt from certificate as explained above which is 5 papers! You also pay £128 registration fee in your first year! I ended up paying around £350 without exams which are £69 each!
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Anniem
    We usually have students taking CIMA each May and November
    They come in with
    1. AAT Technician
    2. Cima Foundation/Certificate
    3. Degrees
    I maintain that AAT Technician is an excellent preparation for CIMA Operational and Managerial levels
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice!

I'm thinking about it, and what to do next.
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    sammyd22 wrote: »
    Did any ex AAT students take CIMA exams last week?

I took P1 & F1 and i must say, P1 in particular was difficult as there was a question on Investment Appraisal in section C which which included an investment which would affect a seperate function of the Entity. I have never covered an Investment appraisal question in so much detail.

Yeah think i may have balls that question up, much muhc mmore complex that the ones we had practiced at BPP, but iverall quiet a nice exam in my mind.
Privacy Policy