I've found my exam centre and Costa Coffee are next door! Happy.

Options
anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Well what better to do during half term than to take the boys for a trip to find an exam centre?

The great news is that BPP Southampton is a 1 minute walk from the station AND has a Costa Coffee bang next door.

I'm a happy bee :thumbup1:

I'll see you in Costa Coffee on Thursday after your DFS exam Rinske!
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Jelous! anyone at thorpe st andrew further ed place that i always get lost going to?
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I have a pub :-) wooooooooohhhhhhhooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Rachey wrote: ยป
    I have a pub :-) wooooooooohhhhhhhooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was going to head to one after although i am going out for tea at a friends after and i have to get there
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    i have to pick my little dude up from school so I think one drink to calm my shakes and then a pub dinner, mmmmm :-)
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    We have a pub too - right around the corner from my littly's school, where he'll be doing his last GCSE while I'm doing PTC. He's already asked for chicken ceasar salad & half a Strongbow for a celebration meal.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    any oldham lot here? still up for that pint after?
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    anniem wrote: ยป
    Well what better to do during half term than to take the boys for a trip to find an exam centre?

The great news is that BPP Southampton is a 1 minute walk from the station AND has a Costa Coffee bang next door.

I'm a happy bee :thumbup1:

I'll see you in Costa Coffee on Thursday after your DFS exam Rinske!
    Sounds good to me!
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 466 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I went to BPP Southampton, got there a bit early for my first lesson and thought I would drop into costa coffeee for a cup a tea beforehand. I later realised that the cafeteria in BPP was cheaper (I think maybe free?) and felt a bit stupid having paid ยฃ 1.50 odd for just a single cup of tea.

If you didn't know the entrance to BPP Southampton is actually behind the building, you take the steps to the left (with the large HSBC Building facing) at top of steps turn right and and walk forwards (the entrance door is marked BPP).
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    crispy wrote: ยป
    I went to BPP Southampton, got there a bit early for my first lesson and thought I would drop into costa coffeee for a cup a tea beforehand. I later realised that the cafeteria in BPP was cheaper (I think maybe free?) and felt a bit stupid having paid ยฃ 1.50 odd for just a single cup of tea.

If you didn't know the entrance to BPP Southampton is actually behind the building, you take the steps to the left (with the large HSBC Building facing) at top of steps turn right and and walk forwards (the entrance door is marked BPP).

Hi Crispy

Thanks for the info about the cafe inside BPP didn't know about that!

Yes, I discovered 'all those steps' as I went up them all on crutches yesterday - which is why I needed to know exactly where I was going on exam days!

Do you have any exams there the week after next?
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Now that is what I call I lucky find, all I craved after exams was coffee and a cake!
  • crispy
    crispy Registered Posts: 466 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hello,

I say cafeteria but it's more like a casual/social room with a hot drinks machines (not sure about food). I went there for lessons last year, thought it was pretty good and am hoping to maybe go back in September if employer will help with costs as it is pretty expensive.

I imagine tackling those steps on crutches can't be the easiest, but it is handy being just a stone throw from the train station - I do drive but can't be doing with all the town traffic at 5-5:30pm (which is when the evening lessons started).

Good luck with your exams.
Privacy Policy