Ias/ifrs

jow774
jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Does anyone know all these? If so how did you get the definitions to stick?

Comments

• NAJC
    NAJC Registered Posts: 44 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ias

The way i learnt them is to get some revision cards or sticky notes , write the ias number and what it is on one side and everything else on the back. I then put them in order 1-40 and kept reading them. Also carry them around and at different points in the day just try to remember them and double check.

hope this helped :)
  • noodles
    noodles Registered Posts: 308 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    This is exactly what I do, can't say that I know them all but I am getting there!
  • jow774
    I will try that then.

Thanks
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    My knowledge of these is really low!! And I think I've run out of time :( I can do the rest of the paper fine.. do u think if you mark low only on these questions you can still pass?
  • jow774
    Thats how I am Esme, Ive had to concentrate so hard on the other stuff and the tax rules for PTC that Im rubbish with the IAS and ive been trying to learn them but then I forget the other stuff. My little brain has reached capacity, lol.

I did read on here some people saying they didnt revise the standards at all and still passed but knowing my luck I will leave them and get a paper that has loads of standard questions!
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Yeah, it's hit and miss... but I'm starting to think what I don't know now I never will! So is there any point in trying to learn a load of new stuff which isn't going to stick, or to keep improving on the stuff I can do.... arrrgh!!! My concentration skills have gone away too!!
Privacy Policy